• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cap 1 vs Bats 1
5 5

579 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, thedude said:

I also remember you.. ahem.. predicting the last Tarzan movie would catapult that character's popularity over Superman. I can find it on here, don't tempt me. 

Honestly, I don't remember you. Link? plus Tarzan was most likely a a statement  I made when I was young teen. I joined this board very young.

Meanwhile ALL time chart.

Joker rules over Superman.

Where are you my highness?

As a man of color I deal with anger every day.

Jackie Robinson rules, so does 

Neil Degrasse.

LOL.

16 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

The gold forum has been infected.  :frown:

All mad because for years you all said Superman #1 was a better bet than Batman#1 . I brought this up for in the last 5 years that Batman #1 was a better bet because Superman #1 was a reprint  while Batman #1 was Joker first appearance. Most were just schooled by a young black men who is not even 29 yet.

ps the infected part in this pc world could get you canned, but since you are over 65 I will respect your beliefs and you can carry on.

ps. ps. When you hit the nursing home it will be my black sisters CNA`s who will be there for you.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

36 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Honestly, I don't remember you. Link? plus Tarzan was most likely a a statement  I made when I was young teen. I joined this board very young.

Neil Degrasse.

LOL.

Joker Does not even come close to Superman or Batman and I love the Joker but Superman rules  IMO.

23 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Joker Does not even come close to Superman or Batman and I love the Joker but Superman rules  IMO.

I love Superman with Chris Reeves. That don't mean nothing. The new generation likes Joker. Even Batman look silly to them. A man who is in a stupid costume. Joker seems cooler now.

The next Batman movie will bomb. He dresses up as a bat. dumb. Joker I can relate to.

ps. I love Spider-Man.

He will always be cooler than Bat-Man.

CC

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

3 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I love Superman with Chris Reeves. That don't mean nothing. The new generation likes Joker. Even Batman look silly to them. A man who is in a stupid costume. Joker seems cooler now.

The next Batmam movie will bomb. He dresses up as a bat. dumb. Joker I can relate to.

ps. I love Spider-Man.

He will always be cooler than Bat-Man.

CC

That is why we have these boards (thumbsu every ones opinon is great to hear :headbang: and you might be right.

Batman 1 recreation.jpg

^ If only that was the cover to Bat 1.. Insert drools! :cloud9:

But anyways back to Bat 1 vs Supes 1.  Value-wise Supes 1 edges over Bat 1 in practically every grade, more so when we go higher.  Supes 1 is just super rare in high grade (highest graded Supes 1 is an 8.0 vs Batman a 9.2). Also there is something special about a 1939 book.  Who knows what happens in the future but this is what is current.  

I like both books and there could be a better debate when it comes to historical importance.

Edited by Dark Knight

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Neil Degrasse.

LOL.

LOL! ok, I'm not angry with you at all. and I don't know why you brought race into this, it's irrelevant.

it was in the weeks leading up to the 2016 Tarzan movie, which you were making more bold predictions.

and also, if I have a Bat #1, wouldn't I WANT it to be more valuable than Supes #1 or any other comic? 

but if I set my self interest aside, and use market history as a guide. I don't think it will, could it? yeah sure, maybe in time. but other factors besides character come into play. 

overall rarity, rarity in unrestored condition. Joker not being on the cover of Batman #1 is a detriment, plus, hero keys have usually out shined villain keys. at least up until now. that too may change.

so no ill will toward you at all.

1 hour ago, thedude said:

LOL! ok, I'm not angry with you at all. and I don't know why you brought race into this, it's irrelevant.

it was in the weeks leading up to the 2016 Tarzan movie, which you were making more bold predictions.

and also, if I have a Bat #1, wouldn't I WANT it to be more valuable than Supes #1 or any other comic? 

but if I set my self interest aside, and use market history as a guide. I don't think it will, could it? yeah sure, maybe in time. but other factors besides character come into play. 

overall rarity, rarity in unrestored condition. Joker not being on the cover of Batman #1 is a detriment, plus, hero keys have usually out shined villain keys. at least up until now. that too may change.

so no ill will toward you at all.

I do not know what you did but he went brian-regan.gif.a427dc762305a30d6a02ce302783dddf.gifafter your post he went off

On 10/15/2019 at 2:18 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

My point is Joker is more popular than Superman now.

More popular with who?  Sounds like you're saying Joker movie is more popular with people going to see comic movies.  Are these people the demographic that buys $50k+ comic books?