• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cap 1 vs Bats 1
5 5

586 posts in this topic

I have seen him fly off the handle at least 3 times.  Twice in the water cooler, and another time in comics general.  It was much worse than anything posted in this thread.   Attacking anyone he could.   People have been referring it to going of his meds again.  Sad to see it has spilled into the gold forum.  

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

The value gap between Superman 1 and Batman 1, grade for grade has widened significantly over the last 5 years (Someone mentioned 5 years ago they touted bat 1 as better...exact opposite has occurred). . With Superman continuing to distance itself from Batman 1. 

True.   Even given the greater numbers for Bat 1 the difference seems out of balance.   There is much to suggest that Bat 1 is undervalued compared to other keys, including not only the Joker but Catwoman, who is arguably the 2nd most popular/important/recognizable super villain.   But how soon it will close the gap or by how much up for guessing.  Lost track of how many times I heard this or that book was going to stay flat or just increase incrementally or that it would just "never" be as sought after as some other book(s), only to see it surge.  And I've heard that at one time or another about every single one of the biggest books.  

7 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

The value gap between Superman 1 and Batman 1, grade for grade has widened significantly over the last 5 years (Someone mentioned 5 years ago they touted bat 1 as better...exact opposite has occurred). . With Superman continuing to distance itself from Batman 1. 

I can’t remember a time since I joined the boards (2011) when they were close in price —pound for pound. I’m not saying they weren’t it’s just that I don’t recall 

Supe 1 is basically a reprint of Action 1.

Batman 1 has: 

1st Joker, Batman origin, 2nd Joker, 1st Cat, 1st female villain in comicdom, 2nd Hugo Strange, a cover that has become iconic to transcend the hobby. It is imho @the@ GA key content wise.

12 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

Batman 1 has: 

1st Joker, Batman origin, 2nd Joker, 1st Cat, 1st female villain in comicdom, 2nd Hugo Strange, a cover that has become iconic to transcend the hobby. It is imho @the@ GA key content wise.

That's also a reprint.  :shy:

-J.

2 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

Batman 1 has: 

For content, I’d still rather have a Cap 1 over a Batman 1.  

Batman 1 for me. I will never be able to afford one so it will always be a grail. The content is superior to Cap 1. Cap 1 had a WW2 agenda and Batman 1 didn't. Cap 1 cover is busier and in some ways better. Bat 1 set the whole  Batman mythos into motion, though. 2 iconic villians intro'd. Everyone knows who Robin is. Ask them who Bucky is. I liked the Robin in early Detective comics and the first few issues of Batman.

1 hour ago, Randall Ries said:

Batman 1 for me. I will never be able to afford one so it will always be a grail. The content is superior to Cap 1. Cap 1 had a WW2 agenda and Batman 1 didn't. Cap 1 cover is busier and in some ways better. Bat 1 set the whole  Batman mythos into motion, though. 2 iconic villians intro'd. Everyone knows who Robin is. Ask them who Bucky is. I liked the Robin in early Detective comics and the first few issues of Batman.

:headbang:

12 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Between Cap 1, Superman 1, Batman 1 and Marvel Comics 1,   I would choose Marvel Comics 1  It has always been a personal grail for me.  

Don't start it all over again :whatthe: you forgot ta add the Joker :hi:

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

Between Cap 1, Superman 1, Batman 1 and Marvel Comics 1,   I would choose Marvel Comics 1  It has always been a personal grail for me.  

I have a Cap 1 and a Supe 1.  I feel like I will someday figure out how to get a Bat 1, but the Marvel Comics 1 feels like it's going to be really elusive (which makes me really want it).

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I have a Cap 1 and a Supe 1.  I feel like I will someday figure out how to get a Bat 1, but the Marvel Comics 1 feels like it's going to be really elusive (which makes me really want it).

I know someone who would trade you grade for grade for your superman 1 for his Batman 1 @thedude:whee:

On 10/15/2019 at 8:38 PM, comicdonna said:

Before I exit this thread, I will say that I have never judged anyone by the color of their skin.  

I just read what was posted earlier and am shocked.I'm sorry and angry that you,one of the nicest folk around were treated like that.

I know this is late,but I'm sure no one ever could imagine you have or ever would do what was so wrongly implied sir.