• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cap 1 vs Bats 1
5 5

579 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, porcupine48 said:
On 10/16/2019 at 11:37 PM, Gotham Kid said:

Also, Superman 1 will always be a more valuable book that Batman 1.

If I had to choose I'd take both.

Would it bug you if one or both were genuinely signed by Elvis?

:cloud9:

49 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

And so it begins again .   Bat 1 4.0 will beat Cap 1 6.0

CA59E8F0-3B56-4523-A2E1-580F08B3EDFC.jpeg

and it is such a fair fight. Only 2 points separating both books. lol

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 10/17/2019 at 2:24 PM, sfcityduck said:
On 10/17/2019 at 1:26 PM, Mr bla bla said:

It is imho @the@ GA key content wise.

I'm gonna go with Action 1 on that one.  

I have always gone with Bat 1 as being the GA book with having the best content by far, as detailed by Overstreet and again by the board member below:

On 10/17/2019 at 1:26 PM, Mr bla bla said:

Batman 1 has: 

1st Joker, Batman origin, 2nd Joker, 1st Cat, 1st female villain in comicdom, 2nd Hugo Strange, a cover that has become iconic to transcend the hobby.

Bat 1 also has the last pre-Robin story that was originally intended for 'Tec 38. (thumbsu

Yes, Action 1 has the origin and first appearance of Supes (along with Zatara & Lois Lane) which is truly iconic in its own right, but's that just one story out of the entire book.  (shrug)

There is a lot going for both. Personally I can’t get over it’s not the first appearance of either hero ( Batman  or Robin ). That being said when I stated this topic I think the books were close enough in ppp to ask the question. The market has spoken however and spoke awhile ago even in the midst of all the Cap hoopla in popular culture. 

44 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

There is a lot going for both. Personally I can’t get over it’s not the first appearance of either hero ( Batman  or Robin ). That being said when I stated this topic I think the books were close enough in ppp to ask the question. The market has spoken however and spoke awhile ago even in the midst of all the Cap hoopla in popular culture. 

I know how much that hurt to say:gossip:

19 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

I know how much that hurt to say:gossip:

Well, definitely not as much as it must have hurt Mitch (i.e. Mehdy) as he's always been the biggest promoter for Cap 1 for the longest time.  :cry:

I take no pleasure in this thread bump, but it’s gotta be said:

although Bat 1 seems to have been the previously acknowledged winner between these 2 books, the Coronavirus and marketplace correction have yielded a new truth: the Bat 1 value has fallen more precipitously than the Cap 1 value.  Stated another way, the Cap 1 has held its value better than the Bat 1, in these trying times. One need only look to the recent Clink and Heritage auctions for the evidence. 

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program

:gossip:

I'll weigh in since this thread started before my time on the boards and I love these debates. 

Personally, I think Batman is the greatest hero of all time.  Just look at how iconic the Batman villains are.

That said, Batman 1 never did it for me because it's not his first appearance.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to own it. But if I had $100k to buy one book, Cap 1 would be higher on my list. 

Luckily for me, I'll never make such a decision. 

And I understand Bat1 is a more valuable book. This is just my opinion. 

PS - TEC27 > AC1... Or is that another thread I'll have to find?  

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

although Bat 1 seems to have been the previously acknowledged winner between these 2 books, the Coronavirus and marketplace correction have yielded a new truth: the Bat 1 value has fallen more precipitously than the Cap 1 value.  Stated another way, the Cap 1 has held its value better than the Bat 1, in these trying times. One need only look to the recent Clink and Heritage auctions for the evidence. 

:makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint::makepoint:

1 hour ago, KCOComics said:

I'll weigh in since this thread started before my time on the boards and I love these debates. 

Personally, I think Batman is the greatest hero of all time.  Just look at how iconic the Batman villains are.

That said, Batman 1 never did it for me because it's not his first appearance.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to own it. But if I had $100k to buy one book, Cap 1 would be higher on my list. 

Luckily for me, I'll never make such a decision. 

And I understand Bat1 is a more valuable book. This is just my opinion. 

PS - TEC27 > AC1... Or is that another thread I'll have to find?  

:whatthe:

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

which books are we comparing? the Cap #1 CGC 0.5 Qualified and the Batman #1 CGC Universal 0.5 that recently ended at Heritage?

Cap#1 ended at $19,200 MARRIED COVER (but still original)

Batman #1 ended at $12,600 FRONT COVER IS A COLOR COPY. so really your only getting original inside pages and back cover with lots of tape.

if your going to have a cover missing, it shouldn't be the front cover, not really a one for one comparison to me.

11 minutes ago, thedude said:

which books are we comparing? the Cap #1 CGC 0.5 Qualified and the Batman #1 CGC Universal 0.5 that recently ended at Heritage?

Cap#1 ended at $19,200 MARRIED COVER (but still original)

Batman #1 ended at $12,600 FRONT COVER IS A COLOR COPY. so really your only getting original inside pages and back cover with lots of tape.

if your going to have a cover missing, it shouldn't be the front cover, not really a one for one comparison to me.

I was looking at the Bat 1 4.0, and comparing the PPP from before the market adjustment. The PPP stayed stronger on the Cap 1s that sold