Cap 1 vs Bats 1
2 2

444 posts in this topic

4,209 posts
12,570 posts
4,019 posts
13 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

I like the cap 1 here 

 

13 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

440AC5A7-3D59-4975-B996-7E3948C9260D.jpeg

5802C560-135C-494F-8475-388FF1E11517.jpeg

:whatthe:medical-benefit_of_hindsight-hindsights-introspection-optician-2020_vision-jsh120424_low.jpg.1ddc0689551ff1ee2c3f0ad7310a9d71.jpg:makepoint:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,583 posts

I'm pulling for Cap but he will lose by $30K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,672 posts

This Bats front cover presents better imo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,093 posts
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

This Bats front cover presents better imo 

Plus no notation of tape, OW-W as compared to a C-OW doesn’t hurt either.  Bats wins, easily.

Edited by Guardian Comics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,432 posts

I’d like to see two equally matched copies to get a better idea of how close the two are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,914 posts
Posted (edited)

I am looking at Batman #1 now as most likely there will be a trilogy of Joker movies, while Captain America is now retired in the Marvel Cinematic movie universe.

So it looks like Cap has hit his peak, while the Joker is about to go on a run.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,432 posts
29 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I am looking at Batman #1 now as most likely there will be a trilogy of Joker movies, while Captain America is now retired in the Marvel Cinematic movie universe.

So it looks like Cap has hit his peak, while the Joker is about to go on a run.

If Hollywood films were the only factor, Detective #27 would have surpassed Action #1 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,914 posts
19 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

If Hollywood films were the only factor, Detective #27 would have surpassed Action #1 years ago.

It still might. Give it a few more years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,019 posts
5 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

It still might. Give it a few more years.

(thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,542 posts
12 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

It still might. Give it a few more years.

Bat #1 can't even pass Superman #1, how is Tec going to pass Action?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,672 posts
2 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Bat #1 can't even pass Superman #1, how is Tec going to pass Action?

 

A lot of that has to do with access to a Supe 1 I would think. I don’t think Tec 27 has a shot if passing Action 2 until a big book like the Allentown comes up fir sale. Everyone has been saying a few more years fir a few more years now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,914 posts
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Bat #1 can't even pass Superman #1, how is Tec going to pass Action?

 

Batman`s fanbase is much younger than Superman`s. Eventually they will dominate. 

 

 

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
932 posts
5 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Batman`s fanbase is much younger than Superman`s. Eventually they will dominate. 

I agree Bat will dominate in the future.  And I do think Bat 1 will overcome Supe 1 due to the fact that except for 2 new origin pages, the latter is a book of reprints.  The 2 origin pages are fantastic, don’t get me wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,405 posts
On 7/18/2019 at 7:39 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

I am looking at Batman #1 now as most likely there will be a trilogy of Joker movies, while Captain America is now retired in the Marvel Cinematic movie universe.

So it looks like Cap has hit his peak, while the Joker is about to go on a run.

I see no reason Cap #1 will no longer rise in price.  Entry levels keep going up as far as I can tell.  I suppose if in the future no one cares about Jack Kirby, History of comic books, World War 2, and Disney stopped all Captain America products the book's popularity would fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,914 posts
29 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

I see no reason Cap #1 will no longer rise in price.  Entry levels keep going up as far as I can tell.  I suppose if in the future no one cares about Jack Kirby, History of comic books, World War 2, and Disney stopped all Captain America products the book's popularity would fall.

Captain America is a great character, but let`s revisit this when the upcoming new Joker movie is a hit.

See it`s not Batman vs Captain America with these two books.

It`s Joker vs Cap, and the Joker movie franchise is about to take off now, while Cap`s movie career will now be dormant for years.

It`s all about Hollywood hype. 

I loved to revisit this thread in a year.

lol.

:fear:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,672 posts
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Captain America is a great character, but let`s revisit this when the upcoming new Joker movie is a hit.

See it`s not Batman vs Captain America with these two books.

It`s Joker vs Cap, and the Joker movie franchise is about to take off now, while Cap`s movie career will now be dormant for years.

It`s all about Hollywood hype. 

I loved to revisit this thread in a year.

lol.

:fear:

Superhero and first appearance will always trump first appearance of a supervillian for me Even the joker whom is arguably the greatest of them all. 

Edited by Chicago Boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,405 posts
1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Captain America is a great character, but let`s revisit this when the upcoming new Joker movie is a hit.

See it`s not Batman vs Captain America with these two books.

It`s Joker vs Cap, and the Joker movie franchise is about to take off now, while Cap`s movie career will now be dormant for years.

It`s all about Hollywood hype.

Cap 01 has been a Top 10 Golden Age book for 40 years before his movie.  So it's not "all about Hollywood hype".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,914 posts
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

Cap 01 has been a Top 10 Golden Age book for 40 years before his movie.  So it's not "all about Hollywood hype".

Yes, why do you think both Action 1 and Detective Comics #27 both sold for over a million a few years ago? It was because of BvS hype. The movie bombed. Have you noticed they never put those same two million dollar comics back on the market? Because most likely they wouldn't hit a million in sales this time. So they are waiting patiently to see if the new Matt Reeves Batman film is a hit or not. Action 1 will be a longer wait.

If you don't believe in Hollywood hype than go check out Tomb of Dracula #10 sales on Ebay last night. They went thru the roof because Marvel announced a suprise that they are now making a new Blade movie.

:baiting:

lol.

 

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2