• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cap 1 vs Bats 1
5 5

586 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

If it hits a million Heritage gets presumably 300k.  Wow 

A book like that would get a million on comic connect or comilink.  Co-signer gets to keep Extra $200k.   Net take home would be the Same even hammer is at $800k elsewhere vs 1 million at heritage.  Uphill battle.  Although whenever I win a high dollar book on heritage I get these coupons offering knock down seller premium and other discounts if resold it on heritage 

Edited by Spiderturtle

780K with 14 hours left. I think its going to sell for between ONE MILLION DOLLARS and 1.1 million,  So about 850k without the bp.

Some nice stuff going off later today. That TMNT #1 9.8 is at 75k w/bp ? Yikes, I believe the record is 38k. 

On 7/22/2019 at 7:32 AM, Crowzilla said:
On 7/21/2019 at 2:34 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

Yes, why do you think both Action 1 and Detective Comics #27 both sold for over a million a few years ago? It was because of BvS hype. The movie bombed. Have you noticed they never put those same two million dollar comics back on the market? Because most likely they wouldn't hit a million in sales this time. So they are waiting patiently to see if the new Matt Reeves Batman film is a hit or not. Action 1 will be a longer wait.

If you don't believe in Hollywood hype than go check out Tomb of Dracula #10 sales on Ebay last night. They went thru the roof because Marvel announced a suprise that they are now making a new Blade movie.

:baiting:

lol.

This comment might make some sense if the first million dollar sale of Action #1 hadn't occurred six years before the release of the film, or that the two 9.0 copies both belong to the same collector who has no desire to put them back in the marketplace, and wasn't influenced in the slightest by what Hollywood does.

While it might be true that Hollywood rumor can turn $50 books into $500 ones, no one hears that they are making a new Batman or Superman movie and says to themselves "I better go out and spend a million on a copy of their first appearance before it really takes off in price".

+1

Yes indeed, as the Hollywood impact on a six or seven figure GA book is completely different from its massive impact on a much smaller three or four-figure BA or CA book.  (thumbsu

Completely different buyers here as the more recent and much more common relatively easy to find BA and CA movie related hype books are an easy target for the speculators and flippers to latch onto in the hopes of making a quick buck before the hype fizzles out.  hm

14 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
14 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Bats1 jumped up just now to 144K. You were saying :whistle:

Unless of course you had something to do with it ...

No, not me.  But both books are still steals at their current prices.  They are still both about $80 to $100k low, I think.  I may have to walk across the street tomorrow and witness the sound and the fury in person.

Are you referring to the sound and fury of you robbing the bank across the street tomorrow in order to pay for your Heritage winnings?  lol

13 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
13 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

If it hits a million Heritage gets presumably 300k.  Wow 

Um...no. Maybe 10%

This sounds more reasonable. 300K in commission no one in their right mind would accept.