• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cap 1 vs Bats 1
5 5

586 posts in this topic

Yeah I agree with the spine splits on the Bat 1, shouldn't have made it in a 5.5 label.  Thinking 4.5 tops.  I had a Tec 35 with a small spine split at top and around a 2" from bottom staple down and it graded a 4.0. Other than that, the book is a beauty. I believe lhcomics owns that same Tec I owned.

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

The Bat 1 went for $40k pp, which I actually thought was low.  I think of it as a $50k pp book.

The Cap 1 I also think of as a $30k pp point book, and that's pretty close to what it went for here.  Maybe $28k pp

The Cap 1 5.5 went low

I think it's fairly obvious that the 9.4 copy sucked a lot of air out of that one.

-J.

7 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

The Cap 1 5.5 went low

I think it's fairly obvious that the 9.4 copy sucked a lot of air out of that one.

-J. 

Don't see why Jay. Different buying pools ...

2 minutes ago, Primetime said:
5 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

agreed. The $900k folks aren't drinking from the same watering hole as the $150k folks :insane:

I venture to whatever watering hole I want to venture off to :sumo:

Just now, Dark Knight said:
4 minutes ago, Primetime said:
6 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

agreed. The $900k folks aren't drinking from the same watering hole as the $150k folks :insane:

I venture to whatever watering hole I want to venture off to :sumo:

I venture to whatever watering hole that has a beer stand next to it.

17 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

The Cap 1 5.5 went low

-J.

I think the case could also be made that it sucked the life out of the Bat 1.  The Bat 1 was directly before the 9.4 Cap 1.  By the time the failing underbidders running after the Cap realized their white whale was getting away, they had already  lost their shot at the Bat. Result? $40k pp on the Bat 1. 

It was either that or the spine splits. :blahblah:

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

1 minute ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

By the time the failing underbidders running after the Cap realized their white whale was getting away

I wouldn't call mid grade copies of Bats1 or Cap1 white whales at all ...

45 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Different buying pools but it still sucked the air out of the proverbial room from that other Cap.  It looked like an also ran in comparison.  If it was just that Cap 1 I think the 5.5 would have been closer to the $175k-$200k @Dark Knight predicted.  

-J.

6 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Different buying pools but it still sucked the air out of the proverbial room from that other Cap.  It looked like an also ran in comparison.  If it was just that Cap 1 I think the 5.5 would have been closer to the $175k-$200k @Dark Knight predicted.  

-J.

I predicted 150k.  - 165k.  I think that  ppp has been shown to be strong fir this book at the moment even a 1/2 grade  post a 5.0 

4 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

If it was just that Cap 1 I think the 5.5 would have been closer to the $175k-$200k @Dark Knight predicted.

I'm not sure we'd have seen that. A clean 6.0 sold on ComicLink 01/2019 for 175K. Why would a 5.5 sell for same price or higher just 6 months later ? We have seen more Universal copies surface since then.

4 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

I predicted 150k.  - 165k.

This estimate proved to be right on the mark. (thumbsu

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 copies of cap 1 in 5.5 sold in the 150s last year too. Seems pretty consistent 

its not entry level and not High grade. 

Ended right about where it should have. I don’t believe Other books had any bearing on realized price

Edited by G.A.tor