• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherry Mini
1 1

82 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, icefires said:

Who pays big bucks besides me? :smirk: 

Also IPS is now part of SGS. 

Why do you care so much?

Are you trying to protect the 10 people in the world that are interested in these? lol

I am a retired fraud investigator.  Please don't get the idea that your concerns are a revelation to me.

Sheer curiosity is all that is at work here.  The thing is valuable.  It can be easily fabricated.  Has it been and if not why not.

On 8/27/2019 at 5:52 AM, icefires said:

Howard told me that Dan Fogel put these together on the fly for a couple of cons/conventions. If true, I doubt there are any legit full sized reprints.

I also seem to remember being on the phone with Sharon Welz quite a few years ago, and she wasn't even aware of these at the time.

I picked up both Cherry minis from Dan at an early 90s SDCC where he was handing them out. He asked if wanted them signed, to which I responded would be okay, feeling it might be rude to decline, and he not only signed them, but included a personalized word ballon from Cherry on each one which I could have done without. So I still have them both, but doubt they would be of much interest to the market. 

4 hours ago, kav said:

Sheer curiosity is all that is at work here.  The thing is valuable.  It can be easily fabricated.  Has it been and if not why not.

So you must feel the same way about Eerie #1, which sold at Heritage for $2,270.50 in 2014. 

I'm not aware of anyone that has paid more than $50 for the black and white Cherry mini besides me.

How many people have heard of Eerie?  How many people have heard of Cherry mini?

Edited by icefires

2 minutes ago, icefires said:

So you must feel the same way about Eerie #1, which sold at Heritage for $2,270.50 in 2014. 

I'm not aware of anyone that has paid more than $50 for the black and white Cherry mini besides me.

How many people have heard of Eerie?  How many people have heard of Cherry mini?

ah thx for the info-I was asking questions because I didnt know squat about the cherry mini.  The $50 explains it all. I was under the impression it was big bux.

4 hours ago, rjpb said:

I picked up both Cherry minis from Dan at an early 90s SDCC where he was handing them out. He asked if wanted them signed, to which I responded would be okay, feeling it might be rude to decline, and he not only signed them, but included a personalized word ballon from Cherry on each one which I could have done without. So I still have them both, but doubt they would be of much interest to the market. 

I suppose only Dan has an idea of how many he gave out.  Does anyone know him personally? It would interesting to see what he says.

6 minutes ago, icefires said:

I suppose only Dan has an idea of how many he gave out.  Does anyone know him personally? It would interesting to see what he says.

He’s active on Facebook and responded to my questions regarding Cherry 23X within a few hours

17 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

So was I. I may be on the lookout now 

Good luck! They show up every year or two. And that's if you check Ebay daily.

The later versions (which are in color) may sell for more, especially if they are graded by CGC (I own 6 of the 10 graded copies).

But not more than $250.

I have an old Fogel price guide supplement, and he listed them from $5 to $15 in 9.2 condition.

Edited by icefires

1 hour ago, dupont2005 said:

He’s active on Facebook and responded to my questions regarding Cherry 23X within a few hours

Thank you! I sent him a message on Facebook. He replied that he didn't keep track, but "probably less than 100."

With the number that I own, the number that I am aware of others owning, the number that I missed/was too late for on Ebay,  and maybe a few that have never come up for sale, probably no more than 55-60 left in existence. Yes it's a guess, but at least a semi-educated one. 

24 minutes ago, icefires said:

Thank you! I sent him a message on Facebook. He replied that he didn't keep track, but "probably less than 100."

With the number that I own, the number that I am aware of others owning, the number that I missed/was too late for on Ebay,  and maybe a few that have never come up for sale, probably no more than 55-60 left in existence. Yes it's a guess, but at least a semi-educated one. 

This wasn’t on my radar at all because I saw a copy go for $75 here on the boards when I first joined,I figured the demand would be way higher now. I also believed the print run to be well under 100 originally. So now I might be able to add to the cherry collection again some day. Thinking of getting the trades too 

On 11/6/2019 at 11:47 AM, dupont2005 said:

Cherry 23 just came out. Available on the website

Instead of ordering 25 books from Sharon and trying to determine which one to send in for grading, I will probably wait until the first CGC 23 9.8 appears on Ebay and buy that.

5 hours ago, icefires said:

Instead of ordering 25 books from Sharon and trying to determine which one to send in for grading, I will probably wait until the first CGC 23 9.8 appears on Ebay and buy that.

I've already seen a 9.8 sell. 

9 hours ago, icefires said:

A CGC 9.8 #23?  (Not the 23X).

Was it Ebay or somewhere else? Do you have a link to the sale?

It was the 23x now that I recall. Sorry to get your hopes up. 

Edited by deadleg

On 11/17/2019 at 9:49 AM, icefires said:

Just won an Ebay auction for a Cherry 23 SS CGC 9.8 tonight.

Went higher than I thought it would.