• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherry Mini
1 1

82 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

The CGC label says otherwise.....

Kitchen Sink Press ended with Cherry 18.

Cherry Comics is the publisher of issues 19-23x, as well as some later prints of earlier issues.

The label for the 23x with "Kitchen Sink Press" is an error.

3 hours ago, icefires said:

Kitchen Sink Press ended with Cherry 18.

Cherry Comics is the publisher of issues 19-23x, as well as some later prints of earlier issues.

The label for the 23x with "Kitchen Sink Press" is an error.

:foryou:

11 hours ago, kav said:

Cant you just go print up some of these on a copy machine? :whistle:

CGC won't grade this first black and white issue  for that very reason.

That is why I send these to IPS for testing.

Edited by icefires

8 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

I think it’s the only Cherry comic I don’t have. Is it reprinted in any of the full sized floppies?

Howard told me that Dan Fogel put these together on the fly for a couple of cons/conventions. If true, I doubt there are any legit full sized reprints.

I also seem to remember being on the phone with Sharon Welz quite a few years ago, and she wasn't even aware of these at the time.

6 hours ago, icefires said:

CGC won't grade this first black and white issue  for that very reason.

That is why I send these to IPS for testing.

what do they test and why do people pay big bucks if it can be fake?

On 8/26/2019 at 7:07 PM, deadleg said:

Less than 10 if I had to guess. 

That seems unlikely - I have 3 copies of the #1 (no, icefires - they are still not for sale; sorry), I'm assuming icefires has a couple, there's no chance him & I account for half of all existing copies.

In general, print runs are always larger & more copies remain in circulation than people think.

Edited by mschmidt

20 hours ago, mschmidt said:

That seems unlikely - I have 3 copies of the #1 (no, icefires - they are still not for sale; sorry), I'm assuming icefires has a couple, there's no chance him & I account for half of all existing copies.

In general, print runs are always larger & more copies remain in circulation than people think.

There are currently 10 copies graded by CGC, and they won't even grade the black and white #1's.

Also, I have searched relentlessly for these for 10 years now, and I can assure you I have more than 10 copies. :)

On 8/27/2019 at 5:52 AM, icefires said:

Howard told me that Dan Fogel put these together on the fly for a couple of cons/conventions. If true, I doubt there are any legit full sized reprints.

I also seem to remember being on the phone with Sharon Welz quite a few years ago, and she wasn't even aware of these at the time.

I meant the interior contents. Is the story in any full sized Cherry comics?

On 8/27/2019 at 2:44 PM, kav said:

what do they test and why do people pay big bucks if it can be fake?

Who pays big bucks besides me? :smirk: 

Also IPS is now part of SGS. 

Why do you care so much?

Are you trying to protect the 10 people in the world that are interested in these? lol

I am a retired fraud investigator.  Please don't get the idea that your concerns are a revelation to me.

Edited by icefires