• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,628 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, ygogolak said:

New Dimensions Comics out of the Pittsburgh area.

Heard it was a pretty good sale but I'm guessing most the good stuff sold for $1 each on Friday.  Pick up anything good?

10 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

Never made it down their shop. I usually hit up their booth at steel city con or sci-fi in the valley. They usually have 25 cent boxes set up all over. 

They have 4-5 shops  now. Hit or miss, same as any shop, but I usually find a few good books.

27 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Heard it was a pretty good sale but I'm guessing most the good stuff sold for $1 each on Friday.  Pick up anything good?

Some decent stuff. It's not like they had never been gone through either. ND goes through everything and picks the well known stuff. Then re-sorts them so there aren't any long runs of series. You have to go through everything. So, you're only ever going to find recent, low dollar hot books anyway with their stuff.

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

They have 4-5 shops  now. Hit or miss, same as any shop, but I usually find a few good books.

Some decent stuff. It's not like they had never been gone through either. ND goes through everything and picks the well known stuff. Then re-sorts them so there aren't any long runs of series. You have to go through everything. So, you're only ever going to find recent, low dollar hot books anyway with their stuff.

Come on - quit being so secretive all the time.  Give us some examples of books you found in that massive heap of books.

6 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Wow!:D  surprised it's worth that much... do people even want it?

Video game comics have a weird niche.

The Ratchet and  Clank mini does well (although this sale is above the norm): https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ratchet-and-Clank-Comic-Books-1-2-3-4-5-6-1-6-DC-Wildstorm-NEW-RARE/163261694366?hash=item260327c19e:g:qDAAAOSw6yJa0VMJ

The Uncharted mini does ok (I have seen it go much higher):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncharted-1-6-2012-DC-VF-NM-to-NM-Complete-Set/163181763361?hash=item25fe641b21:g:JmIAAOSw6fpbYz-Q

Oddly, the TPBs of the above go for good money too.

The Last of Us comics are pretty tough, too. Of course the early Sonic books and even some of the old Valiant Nintendo books. I thought (hoped) the Metal Gear Solid books would be hotter, especially since I'm a big fan of Ashley Wood's art. I want to say Earthworm Jim does well, too.

2 hours ago, BishopT said:

The Last of Us comics are pretty tough, too. Of course the early Sonic books and even some of the old Valiant Nintendo books. I thought (hoped) the Metal Gear Solid books would be hotter, especially since I'm a big fan of Ashley Wood's art. I want to say Earthworm Jim does well, too.

I sold a set of Earthworm Jim for $150 I think around a year or two ago. Only copies I have ever found in 15 years of looking.

Only found one copy of Sly Cooper as well both are extremely scarce and impossible to find in high grade.