• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,635 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Did you know when you bought it or afterwards when going thru your purchases. 

Nope, had no idea. I bought two copies of Web #48 because of the Demogoblin appearance, but didn't actually check the books until I got them home.

10 minutes ago, Brother J said:
16 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Did you know when you bought it or afterwards when going thru your purchases. 

Nope, had no idea. I bought two copies of Web #48 because of the Demogoblin appearance, but didn't actually check the books until I got them home.

All the sweeter happened to me same way about 10 years ago. Only time it has ever happened. 

47 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Found this at a convention last year in the $1 or $2 boxes. Was feeling pretty happy at the time; recently found it again and noticed it’s a Newsstand. 

Also noticed the UPC box says “Spider-Man Family”. 

2901AF37-509E-4234-9644-F22FA8C2DF98.jpeg

BF81E7A8-7229-434F-89C5-0F9F0AD92719.jpeg

Sweet find! I should check mine as well. I recently discovered my batman #608 first print is a newsstand. It's happiness only a nerd understands lol

12 hours ago, rckstr1253 said:

Got these for a .25 today 

20190311_014636.jpg

Wait, do people care about Dakota North yet??? I've been hoarding for some time, ready for that ship to come in. 

Nice Valiant newsstands! Never knew there was a Loaded comic, written by Ennis no less... I used to play that on the PS1 to death. Also, I always pick up those Robin #126s when I find them for a couple dollars or less.

No pictures right now (away from home) but I ran across a Wizard Ace X Files comic for 50 cents yesterday, as well as a signed Middleton Supergirl #50 (not signed by him though) for $2. Those are my recent highlights.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:09 AM, rckstr1253 said:

Got these for a .25 today 

20190311_014546.jpg

I got that Captain Bio in 7th grade health class, still have it. I haven’t seen another in the wild ever. It’s a silly book on a serious topic. I still wonder if there’s a case of these languishing in the back storeroom of a middle school somewhere.

And congrats on all those late modern newsstands! I always pick those types up from $1 bins or cheaper.

11 hours ago, Joosh said:

I got that Captain Bio in 7th grade health class, still have it. I haven’t seen another in the wild ever. It’s a silly book on a serious topic. I still wonder if there’s a case of these languishing in the back storeroom of a middle school somewhere.

And congrats on all those late modern newsstands! I always pick those types up from $1 bins or cheaper.

Thanks!  Im happy with it as its kind of an oddball find

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:00 PM, F For Fake said:

Wait, do people care about Dakota North yet??? I've been hoarding for some time, ready for that ship to come in. 

She will be teaming up with Jessica Jones as PIs. They will be drunk 90% of each episode. I think we need an alcoholic gal PI show. Hoda and Cathy Lee just don't cut it.

On 3/21/2019 at 12:05 PM, the blob said:

She will be teaming up with Jessica Jones as PIs. They will be drunk 90% of each episode. I think we need an alcoholic gal PI show. Hoda and Cathy Lee just don't cut it.

I like your idea and am prepared to greenlight it.