• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,628 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2019 at 6:54 PM, fastballspecial said:

I cant believe Bloodshot 1 is actually selling. The sheer glut of those book is massive.

If more than 850,000 people see the movie and want a copy, we'll be in trouble. lol

14 minutes ago, valiantman said:
On 4/13/2019 at 4:54 PM, fastballspecial said:

I cant believe Bloodshot 1 is actually selling. The sheer glut of those book is massive.

If more than 850,000 people see the movie and want a copy, we'll be in trouble. lol

Theoretically . . . :grin:

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Those resident evil magazines are pretty hard to and 5 is really hard. I havent seen a copy of any of them for many years now.

Yeah when I found them I was sure there was something about them but I wasn't sure what. Also, full disclosure, the magazines were in the toonie bin.

On 4/13/2019 at 6:54 PM, fastballspecial said:

Spawn #1, X-Force #1 say hi...those overprinted books have seen an uptick as well. Amazing...

3 hours ago, alewario said:

Some great loonie box finds recently.

Image (267).jpg

Image (262).jpg

Image (220).jpg

Image (196).jpg

Image (188).jpg

Image (166).jpg

Image (152).jpg

Image (150).jpg

Image (8).jpg

Wow you found that Art Adams in a dollar bin?!? Also I'm incredibly jealous of those resident evil mags. I grew up playing #2 and reading resident evil novels like it was my religion!

Edited by maidenmate91

31 minutes ago, alewario said:

Yeah when I found them I was sure there was something about them but I wasn't sure what. Also, full disclosure, the magazines were in the toonie bin.

I haven't checked prices in a long while, but many years ago they were worth a pretty hefty price. But since they're magazine sized, they are sometimes overlooked. Great pickups!

4 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

Awesome pick ups!  Is there anything special with the doom patrol books?

Several of the Morrison DP books have popped due to the streaming show. 1st Crazy Jane, 1st Flex Mentallo, 1st Mr Nobody, etc. Since these have been dollar bin books for years, they're a great cheap pick up, and in grade can sell for $20+. Still one of my all time favorite comic runs. Such imagination.

Awesome finds! Those Doom Patrol books are hot right now, I'm kind of regretting selling my #19 and #26 a few weeks ago, honestly.

While most of the Morrison DP keys have been dollar box books for a while, #19 has been a priced ($5-$10) for as long as I got back into collecting about 5 years ago. So, that one is a bit harder to find in the dollar boxes in my experiences.

Edited by BishopT

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Spawn hasn't been in $1 bins in a long time. X-Force still is.

I haven't seen X-Force #1 in $1 bins for about a year now...good for you. 

My response was more about overprinted selling for quite a bit more than it should.

Edited by AGGIEZ

9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Those resident evil magazines are pretty hard to and 5 is really hard. I havent seen a copy of any of them for many years now.

Any advice on whether or not to grade them? I also have 2 and 4 but 3 was  not there.