• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,628 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, paperheart said:

some bonehead had this in a 50 ct box that was ready to go for an upcoming mini-con at the local library; oh, the bonehead was me

M- Umbrella Academy FCBD.jpg

I had a NM copy of that one and gave it away on the boards before the show. Can't win 'em all!

On 5/26/2019 at 7:18 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Only the second copy I’ve ever had and both came from flea markets. I bought one years ago for fifty cents. Today, I had to pay double that.

Oh yeah.........newsstand!

3AE50E36-3140-4DEB-9B83-B77D01C6210E.jpeg

^^

13 hours ago, SammyBComics said:

Just a sample of my haul from HeroesCon last weekend, starting with the $1 or less books

IMG_1416.JPG

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1418.JPG

I love finding Showcase 96 #3 in dollar boxes, but who’s putting an X-men 142 there?

Edited by manetteska
typo

It was in one of the first boxes I looked through on Friday morning, along with the #136.  Both are a little beat up but still had no business being in a $1 box.  I bought about 2 long boxes of $1 or less books on Friday and Sunday.  Lots of good $0.50 and $0.25 books on Sunday near the end of the show.