• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,628 posts in this topic

Ok, this is a cheat as my guess is that it was purchases 5-8 years Ago in the 3 for 2 box, but how in heck did my old shop blow this and should I slab it? (I think I should?) I had no idea I owned it...

20191019_154615_HDR.jpg

Edited by the blob

Between these two and the NYX 3 I found in a bag a while back with 7 other comics from around then I am probably going to make my first submission to CGC after haunting these boards for 15 years. Crazy.

Oh well, nothing else particularly exciting in the box other than some 10 cent cover price romance comics I knew were in there. A bunch of Red Sonja 1 variants, but none of those are doing so well this week.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Ok, this is a cheat as my guess is that it was purchases 5-8 years Ago in the 3 for 2 box, but how in heck did my old shop blow this and should I slab it? (I think I should?) I had no idea I owned it...

20191019_154615_HDR.jpg

IT'S NEW TO YOU!

of course you should slab it, after pressing 

Edited by Bird

35 minutes ago, Bird said:

IT'S NEW TO YOU!

of course you should slab it, after pressing 

It looks pretty perfect right now, but yeah, if I am spending the money I might as well press it

Question is whether the black adam is also worth pressing. It looks to be a raw $60-90 type book, but sales are all over, and $160-200 in 9.8. it also looks perfect to me. I just dunno if movie news is going to impact it as it is like the 12,000th appearance of the character. and the movie news is already out, just the release date and co-stars are at issue.

2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Nun uh you didn't find that Super Beer bottle.  doh!

Comic collectors in your area must just suck.

You keep saying it but you have to come down here and try your luck. I know I overlook a bunch of stuff.

4 hours ago, BishopT said:
4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

You keep saying it but you have to come down here and try your luck. I know I overlook a bunch of stuff.

You got 4 more years of cleaning up before I take early retirement. :sumo:

On 10/22/2019 at 5:52 PM, fastballspecial said:

I did not even know that was a thing until now.