• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,636 posts in this topic

It's been pretty good, I would say at least once every 3 months the LCS will do a buy 1 get 1 free sale. However over this free comic book day period every Saturday for the past 3 weeks has been a buy 1 get 1 free on back issues as well as variants, today however it was just back issues. This also extends to CGC books and such, I've picked up some great deals on CGC's doing a buy 1 get 1 free.

Dollar Bin Find.... Kind of kicking my self.... I've been in this thrift/antique store before and they had Batman vs Predator Vol 1 and went right past them thinking "C'mon. How much can these be worth?....".... Went home (phone was out of juice) Checked Ebay.... Went back and they were gone.... Found these and grabbed them....

DSC_0979(1) 1.jpg

28 minutes ago, Will96 said:

Dollar Bin Find.... Kind of kicking my self.... I've been in this thrift/antique store before and they had Batman vs Predator Vol 1 and went right past them thinking "C'mon. How much can these be worth?....".... Went home (phone was out of juice) Checked Ebay.... Went back and they were gone.... Found these and grabbed them....

DSC_0979(1) 1.jpg

Dang my used bookstore had them too, I'm back up there to see if they're still there :banana: wish me luck, they had the set of I & II 

@Will96

Thanks for topping me off, not my area of expertise and this isn't a flip I don't think, but anyway...

All VF at least except #1 of vol1 which is only fine! For under $9

IMG_20200809_151442475.jpg

IMG_20200809_151751824.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Will96

Thanks for topping me off, not my area of expertise and this isn't a flip I don't think, but anyway...

All VF at least except #1 of vol1 which is only fine! For under $9

IMG_20200809_151442475.jpg

IMG_20200809_151751824.jpg

That's a great deal.... Yeah under 4 bucks for me on Vol II.... Vol I is a great get.... again, I'm kicking myself.... Not sure I'll flip it either but right now bidding on an auction for Vol I is over 32 bucks with 4 hours left so you certainly could.... Went to my LCS and checked and he's putting them together in complete sets to sell so not in his discount bin....

53 minutes ago, Will96 said:

That's a great deal.... Yeah under 4 bucks for me on Vol II.... Vol I is a great get.... again, I'm kicking myself.... Not sure I'll flip it either but right now bidding on an auction for Vol I is over 32 bucks with 4 hours left so you certainly could.... Went to my LCS and checked and he's putting them together in complete sets to sell so not in his discount bin....

The used bookstore by me prices funny, by the price on the comic...

The vol 1 was a dollar a piece

Vol 2 was $1.25 a piece.

I went through them and gave them new bags and boards, there is a ripple effect on on of the vol 2

All the vol 1 are newsstand

I'll admit to reading them lol

Thanks Again!

I must have ignored them twice at the used bookstore, but I went back to see if they were in decent shape, if we ever have another boards contest I'll offer them as a prize  :)

Lord willing I remember haha

Had a fairly miserable day hunting as I'm on vacation on the Gulf Coast of FL and decided to drive an hour and a half to Ft Myers stopping in Port Charlotte on the way back. Spent $40 at one shop, another was running errands and closed until 2 (it was just after 1), and another was closed Sun-Wed though that was mentioned nowhere online. Last stop was primarily a gaming store that had new comics. This was sitting in the front of a long box of random moderns for $1. Spent $45 on random $5-10 cover price stuff that seemed interesting. 

Trying to decide whether to drive North to Sarasota/Tampa tomorrow. Knowing me, I will. 

117650001_605228166860112_3665278346298722361_n.jpg

Hit the shops on the way to and the outskirts of Tampa. Bought around 150 $1 books. Best book was the first Bronze Tiger, but lots of decent stuff. Pile of Joes over 100, some bronze/copper horror and war, and some other titles that I always buy when they’re a buck. 

01ECD961-8A65-48D0-9F3A-5CC074FE5D09.jpeg