• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,635 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2020 at 2:58 PM, BishopT said:

Dollar books were 75 cents today, these are my highlights:

A652595C-B4E9-4DF9-92A8-1C24E9A2CB5C.jpeg

7E4E050D-5052-4411-9C92-6F0149B23CB7.jpeg

F5067BAE-5C22-44F5-9990-59392424C851.jpeg

I remember that Myst book. Not Dark Horse's finest moment. Sirrus and Achenar have their names swapped. Rumor is it was a production error. Cyan (the company behind Myst) wanted it corrected; Dark Horse reportedly said that was impossible, and so Cyan pulled the license. 

As a result, the book says 1 of 4, but only #1 (and a #0 preview) were ever printed.

Edited by Qalyar

12 minutes ago, brownies8701 said:

Visited out of town comic store...

Spawn Godslayer #1

I think it is the SDCC Variant.  It is signed by Philip Tan, Brian Holguin, and few others.

What is value of this book?

E3FA92D0-FA6F-436A-A77C-BAE19EE23FA0.jpeg

This one sold for $225.

Interesting the pen colors change, assuming it was also signed at SDCC.

11 minutes ago, manetteska said:

This one sold for $225.

Interesting the pen colors change, assuming it was also signed at SDCC.

How do you know what it sold for? An offer was made on a $249.99 asking price. I don't see what the accepted price was. How does one do that?

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

How do you know what it sold for? An offer was made on a $249.99 asking price. I don't see what the accepted price was. How does one do that?

Though I don't know how accurate this method is (perhaps if you sold a Best Offer item I can try it to see how it behaves), it was noticed if you right-click on the sold eBay page and go to "View page source". A new window/tab should open.

If you Find (ctrl-F) for "taxExclusivePrice" that should be what the sold price is.

"taxExclusivePrice":"225.00" 

On 11/22/2020 at 3:14 PM, fastballspecial said:

I wont see a day like this again for a long time. All $ 1 books except trade which was $5.
That is the Gold Variant on the The Old Guard and I thought the upc sticker was on the 
plastic and its not its on the Spawn book. doh!

RE the Spawn. The magic keywords are Barcode adjustment sticker. Spawn collectors view this as newsstand variant. Bet the book fetches over $60. 

On 11/25/2020 at 2:32 PM, awakeintheashes said:

130Point also works (https://130point.com/sales/)

33278FB3-54CC-4409-B093-41FE2528EEFF.thumb.png.a59c4376dac918697750a27ead1bc9b4.png

Fwiw Raising Cane's was a killer fast food chain started in Baton Rouge by some LSU grads. It's definitely something I've missed since moving north. They only sell chicken fingers, fries, texas toast and coleslaw. 

13 minutes ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Fwiw Raising Cane's was a killer fast food chain started in Baton Rouge by some LSU grads. It's definitely something I've missed since moving north. They only sell chicken fingers, fries, texas toast and coleslaw. 

We have them around here in Dallas, bit expensive for what they are, for a family of four, but when Dairy Queen is no longer in the city and for a long time, you crave chicken fingers every once in a while.

The Cane's sauce isn't too bad though!

4 hours ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:
On 11/22/2020 at 3:14 PM, fastballspecial said:

I wont see a day like this again for a long time. All $ 1 books except trade which was $5.
That is the Gold Variant on the The Old Guard and I thought the upc sticker was on the 
plastic and its not its on the Spawn book. doh!

RE the Spawn. The magic keywords are Barcode adjustment sticker. Spawn collectors view this as newsstand variant. Bet the book fetches over $60. 

Nuh uh :whatthe:

No way really? I know the newsstands sell well, but thats a bar code over the 
newsstand I have no way to know its value. I thought about trying to remove it
but its a difficult timely process that doesn't end well alot.

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Nuh uh :whatthe:

No way really? I know the newsstands sell well, but thats a bar code over the 
newsstand I have no way to know its value. I thought about trying to remove it
but its a difficult timely process that doesn't end well alot.

I sold a barcode adjustment newsie of Spawn 64 for >$180. It had the adjustment sticker over the UPC and a blank sticker on the back cover. I didn't get a chance to see which issue you posted but check the Spawn world website for clues. 

56 minutes ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

I sold a barcode adjustment newsie of Spawn 64 for >$180. It had the adjustment sticker over the UPC and a blank sticker on the back cover. I didn't get a chance to see which issue you posted but check the Spawn world website for clues. 

I see that now will have to research it some to see. Nice bit of info I owe ya. Ive used the Spawn site before, but 
never thought about bar code research.