• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,628 posts in this topic

I have probably bought 50 dollar box books over the last 10 days and, honestly, nothing worth posting here, a couple of $5-$10 books, but nothing exciting. I did get a lot of Batman New 52s in super nice shape in the teens through the 30s because I wanted them, but almost none of it is much of a find. Pretty sad for the guy who started this thread! Over Thanksgiving I did pick up some decent variants a store had given up on selling on the rack. I need to hit some new spots, I have probably picked the 5 or 6 places I haunt clean.

Edited by the blob

3 hours ago, the blob said:

"I generally pick up anything Sam Keith I don't have because I like his work"

You will know the mental illness has kicked in when you realize you have 6 or 7 of each of his good MCP covers.

I may find myself in that predicament soon enough. I never used to be much of a fan of his because I didn't like the writing too much, but recently I've fallen enough in love with his art that I regret not collecting his issues sooner.

1 hour ago, TheAlmightyJack said:

I may find myself in that predicament soon enough. I never used to be much of a fan of his because I didn't like the writing too much, but recently I've fallen enough in love with his art that I regret not collecting his issues sooner.

Not every one of those covers is that great, but I like most of them. For a fringe title there are an awful lot out there, maybe stores loaded up on the kieth books. Weird series... Lasted like 170 issues and there are like 2 or 3 issues in the run that generate interest outside the $1-2 box context.

My LCS had a day after Xmas sale on back issues; .50 ea. Normally they’re $2.

all of the books shown came from the 12  or so long boxes full of new stock put out the same day. I should’ve got more...

The next men appears to be signed by Byrne, worth a shot for .50.

ECF55DD5-B496-47BE-8DA6-1CFCB0F86EFF.jpeg