• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,635 posts in this topic

Hit up an antique shop and got these for $2 each. Lot of random ducks to fill in some holes in my runs, some fun atlas books, and some other dells I snagged. Most of the books are from around 1954.

The Southern hospitality duck book is a fun one, as its an early scrooge cover that predates scrooge 1 (4 color 386?) Astute eyes might have spotted the 4 marvel books up in the corner. I picked those up at a comic shop later in the day. Some cap issues I need for my run, an early Byrne book, and 3rd taskmaster.

20200929_230247.jpg

On 9/30/2020 at 3:21 AM, waaaghboss said:

Hit up an antique shop and got these for $2 each. Lot of random ducks to fill in some holes in my runs, some fun atlas books, and some other dells I snagged. Most of the books are from around 1954.

The Southern hospitality duck book is a fun one, as its an early scrooge cover that predates scrooge 1 (4 color 386?) Astute eyes might have spotted the 4 marvel books up in the corner. I picked those up at a comic shop later in the day. Some cap issues I need for my run, an early Byrne book, and 3rd taskmaster.

20200929_230247.jpg

Top row, fourth from the left. That was the very first comic in my comic collection. I asked my mother to buy it for me from the rack in the local grocery store. And I use the image of that comic for my profile pic.