• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,635 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Thats an impressive find. Did you get the last issue of Promethea its really
hard to find? The Cap is a JCPenny? Love that Zatanna special undervalued I think.

Nice find, indeed. That Cap is a different reprint of #109. The JCPenney version didn't have the Marvel logo in the bottom corner like that. 

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

Nice find, indeed. That Cap is a different reprint of #109. The JCPenney version didn't have the Marvel logo in the bottom corner like that. 

It's the 2002 Marvel Legends reprint, which came packaged with one of the Marvel Legends action figures. There are a whole ton of these Marvel Legends reprints. Most of them don't go for a whole lot of money, but they're an interesting set to assemble, and I'd never be sad to pick one up on the super-cheap like this.

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

hard to find? The Cap is a JCPenny? Love that Zatanna special undervalued I think.

The last Promethea I see in that stack is #30, at the bottom. No #31 or especially #32 in there, unfortunately. But it's a great series, and that's a huge chunk of the run.

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Qaylar and the others answered your questions perfectly. That Promethea run is missing the last two issues. But I do agree huge about the Zatanna special. What is only a solid $10 maybe should be worth more but I do expect it to jump if she goes to the screen. Some of the Zatanna issues are cold rn 

2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Doesn't matter I have sold both several times this weekend. 

it matters to me. i have a TON of #9. only 1 or 2 of those Earth 2 issues. i think my LCS tried to spec on #9 or ordered a lot to get a variant and a huge # wound up in the cheap boxes. not so much any earth 2 books.

Edited by the blob

1 minute ago, the blob said:

it matters to me. i have a TON of #9. only 1 or 2 of those Earth 2 issues. i think my LCS tried to spec on #9 or ordered a lot to get a variant and a huge # wound up in the cheap boxes. not so much any earth 2 books.

I think you will be fine in the end. 

Earth 2 sales aren't a core book like Action. The combo book is the book to find
that book will be an easy $100+ sale right now.

6 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I think you will be fine in the end. 

Earth 2 sales aren't a core book like Action. The combo book is the book to find
that book will be an easy $100+ sale right now.

which one? the earth 2?

33 minutes ago, the blob said:

Is he different than the guy in Infinite Crisis 7 / Action 9 / New 52?

They're two different guys.. It's FINAL Crisis 7.. which is the big one...because it came out 2009.. other came out handful of years later in New 52 era... that comic alone is selling for $100.. that guy Calvin Ellis (Kalel) is on the B variant cover of #7... Val Zod (Earth 2 19 & 25) is a different guy

Edited by littledoom

7 minutes ago, bellrules said:

Everyone seems to have forgotten about this one. 

BD90EA09-F708-4588-8453-8B89E2F587E0.jpeg

aren't we getting excited about the crisis / new 52 books because maybe they are the superman that coates is going to use? the story in this is that n the future, superman's various powers were split up among a while bunch of humans. so one guy has strength, one guy has heat vision, etc. so not really what we're going for here.