Adventures in the Dollar Box
5 5

382 posts in this topic

19,216 posts
1 hour ago, Brother J said:

Lots of goodies in the dollar boxes at the Philly comic show today, still going through them, but here's a favorite:

 

 

001.JPG

Did you know when you bought it or afterwards when going thru your purchases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
884 posts
3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Did you know when you bought it or afterwards when going thru your purchases. 

Nope, had no idea. I bought two copies of Web #48 because of the Demogoblin appearance, but didn't actually check the books until I got them home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,216 posts
10 minutes ago, Brother J said:
16 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Did you know when you bought it or afterwards when going thru your purchases. 

Nope, had no idea. I bought two copies of Web #48 because of the Demogoblin appearance, but didn't actually check the books until I got them home.

All the sweeter happened to me same way about 10 years ago. Only time it has ever happened. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,226 posts

Found this at a convention last year in the $1 or $2 boxes. Was feeling pretty happy at the time; recently found it again and noticed it’s a Newsstand. 

Also noticed the UPC box says “Spider-Man Family”. 

 

2901AF37-509E-4234-9644-F22FA8C2DF98.jpeg

BF81E7A8-7229-434F-89C5-0F9F0AD92719.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,556 posts
47 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Found this at a convention last year in the $1 or $2 boxes. Was feeling pretty happy at the time; recently found it again and noticed it’s a Newsstand. 

Also noticed the UPC box says “Spider-Man Family”. 

 

2901AF37-509E-4234-9644-F22FA8C2DF98.jpeg

BF81E7A8-7229-434F-89C5-0F9F0AD92719.jpeg

Sweet find! I should check mine as well. I recently discovered my batman #608 first print is a newsstand. It's happiness only a nerd understands lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,175 posts
12 hours ago, rckstr1253 said:

Got these for a .25 today 

 

20190311_014636.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wait, do people care about Dakota North yet??? I've been hoarding for some time, ready for that ship to come in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
525 posts

Nice Valiant newsstands! Never knew there was a Loaded comic, written by Ennis no less... I used to play that on the PS1 to death. Also, I always pick up those Robin #126s when I find them for a couple dollars or less.

 No pictures right now (away from home) but I ran across a Wizard Ace X Files comic for 50 cents yesterday, as well as a signed Middleton Supergirl #50 (not signed by him though) for $2. Those are my recent highlights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
236 posts
On 3/11/2019 at 2:09 AM, rckstr1253 said:

Got these for a .25 today 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

20190311_014546.jpg

 

I got that Captain Bio in 7th grade health class, still have it. I haven’t seen another in the wild ever. It’s a silly book on a serious topic. I still wonder if there’s a case of these languishing in the back storeroom of a middle school somewhere.

And congrats on all those late modern newsstands! I always pick those types up from $1 bins or cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
529 posts
11 hours ago, Joosh said:

I got that Captain Bio in 7th grade health class, still have it. I haven’t seen another in the wild ever. It’s a silly book on a serious topic. I still wonder if there’s a case of these languishing in the back storeroom of a middle school somewhere.

And congrats on all those late modern newsstands! I always pick those types up from $1 bins or cheaper.

Thanks!  Im happy with it as its kind of an oddball find

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,216 posts

Those Valiant newsstands are tough. NM in those books is pretty rare as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20,051 posts
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:00 PM, F For Fake said:

Wait, do people care about Dakota North yet??? I've been hoarding for some time, ready for that ship to come in. 

She will be teaming up with Jessica Jones as PIs. They will be drunk 90% of each episode. I think we need an alcoholic gal PI show. Hoda and Cathy Lee just don't cut it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,175 posts
On 3/21/2019 at 12:05 PM, the blob said:

She will be teaming up with Jessica Jones as PIs. They will be drunk 90% of each episode. I think we need an alcoholic gal PI show. Hoda and Cathy Lee just don't cut it.

I like your idea and am prepared to greenlight it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,556 posts
On 3/11/2019 at 2:09 AM, rckstr1253 said:

Got these for a .25 today 

 

20190311_014636.jpg

20190311_015525.jpg

20190311_015520.jpg

20190311_014555.jpg

20190311_015514.jpg

20190311_014710.jpg

20190311_014703.jpg

20190311_015530.jpg

20190311_014736.jpg

20190311_014726.jpg

20190311_014526.jpg

20190311_014801.jpg

20190311_014745.jpg

20190311_014546.jpg

20190311_014829.jpg

20190311_014536.jpg

20190311_014809.jpg

I have the ultimate warrior comic convention variant and it's signed by him too! I was stoked to get it. Horrible comic though. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
5 5