• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #40 Cover Painting by John Romita at Profiles in History
1 1

24 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, aokartman said:

Those are fantastic, and I wish they were a little closer by just having attached stats for the feeling.  David

Actually, Bruce gives customers the option of having recreated logos and captioned materials done by way of paste-ups (I guess, to make the illusion look even more realistic).  I thought about that option but decided flawless recreations without the need for paste-ups was fine for my needs.

Edited by The Voord

4 hours ago, aokartman said:

Here's an example (upcoming HA) by Sprang who chose to avoid lettering and cover dress.

sprangbatman.jpg

Highly likely that it was the original commissioner of the work who chose not to have the logo, lettering etc drawn rather than Sprang himself...

Edited by pemart1966

I don’t expect that Spider-Man recreation to sell unless there is no reserve. It was listed on Romitaman for a very long time at a similar price as the auction estimate.

This was brought up elsewhere but so know I’m not the only one who is not impressed with the description of the Raiders of the Lost Ark Atari art. It’s described as “Exhibiting Minor Age”, meanwhile there is significant sun damage with the Blues in the piece wiped clean by the Wrath of God.

AA30CF4B-D492-4753-A5C5-209C97B881F0.jpeg

Edited by Mephisto