• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Flash 123

11 posts in this topic

Well, it will probably get a Green Qualified label for the detached top staple. However, with those spine splits, it may be a low enough grade so the detached staple could be included in the grade for a Blue label. If so, the book will be downgraded for a hole on the cover. Is the bottom staple still attached ? It looks to be barely hanging on. This is a tough one for me as I'm not sure of the cutoff for Green or Blue. I think it will be a very low grade for Blue, 3.5 range. (shrug) Higher if Qualified, maybe 4.5 . I'm also assuming the bottom staple is still attached.

Edited by Bomber-Bob

Another Overstreet grade vs possible CGC grade conundrum.  By overstreet criteria a cover detached at one staple puts you into the GD 3.0/3.5 range at best.  However, we've seen clear examples of CGC grades of up to 6.5 with covers detached at one staple (popped staple).  Overall nice looking front and back covers for lower grade.  So...

Overstreet  grade 3.5

CGC grade 4.0/4.5

Does anybody know what CGC's cutoff for the Green vs Blue situation is ? I thought it was in the 3.5 area = book must be higher than 3.5 to qualify for a Green Label . This covers the situation for a completely detached cover not being eligible for a Green Label as I think the highest a detached cover can get is 3.0. At least this was my understanding and I definitely may be wrong. 

13 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Does anybody know what CGC's cutoff for the Green vs Blue situation is ? I thought it was in the 3.5 area = book must be higher than 3.5 to qualify for a Green Label . This covers the situation for a completely detached cover not being eligible for a Green Label as I think the highest a detached cover can get is 3.0. At least this was my understanding and I definitely may be wrong. 

This is a married cover.

Spoiler

SPID4.JPG

Edited by Gnasher

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

This is a married cover.

Hide contents

SPID4.JPG

Thanks for that info. Wow ! It looks like anything goes for a Qualified. At 1.8 for a Qualified, I wonder what the grade would have been for a Universal ? -1.8 ? LOL. 

I'll double check the bottom staple when I get home tonight from work. But thank you everyone to checking it over. This is partly what scares me from submitting this one. I don't want it to come back as a green label. I'd be happy in the 3.0-4.5 blue lable range.

1 minute ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Thanks for that info. Wow ! It looks like anything goes for a Qualified. At 1.8 for a Qualified, I wonder what the grade would have been for a Universal ? -1.8 ? LOL. 

I've only ever seen one other 1.8 Q and that was a married cover also.