• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake CGC Books
1 1

149 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, revat said:

Good, I'm tired of being a one percenter.

I kinda get it now. Maybe.

Here's the theories I have on what's happening.

1.  OP is purposely being overly aggressive, narrow-minded, and obtuse to troll people who will take him too seriously, but people are trolling him back in a non-serious way, and now we've lost direction..

2.  OP had a legitimate question, but also some legitimate anger inside, and is a delight at parties.

3.  OP did not need to say he 'loves winning....like another guy I know', that was redundant.  WE KNOW, it was implied.

4.  If the ultimate point of this thread is decry how someone is trying to sell a item on ebay for too much, you should check out these threads:

a.  The Golden State Warriors win too much.

b.  Staten Island accent is the worst of all American accents

c.  Summeritme in Texas is too dam hot.

d.  There's no reason for Blake Shelton to be famous.

I'm sold on:

The OP is on opi-um.

I remember when I first starting submitting books from my mostly Silver Age collection, I thought there was a conspiracy going on and CGC was deliberately giving my books inferior grades. I highly suspected only the big players got the grades. Karl is obviously upset about his grades so far, especially with the finger print. It's a path to CGC enlightment. Some handle it better than others. 

And you are on crack if you think that book is anywhere near a 9.6.  But go ahead and buy it.

Everyone thought I could not beat the worst thread of November but here I am sinking to new lows.  Haha!

Honestly I am lucky to get a 5 for my FF 13, I just want it cleaned and pressed and looking better...

1 minute ago, Karl Liebl said:

And you are on crack if you think that book is anywhere near a 9.6.  But go ahead and buy it.

Everyone thought I could not beat the worst thread of November but here I am sinking to new lows.  Haha!

Honestly I am lucky to get a 5 for my FF 13, I just want it cleaned and pressed and looking better...

This isn't the worst thread of November, you're just the worst poster of November...

I'm slinging rocks and you're smokin' 'em. I can hook you up with a good deal for my repeat customers...

Yes, I have big eyes with my books but I am willing to live with CGC decisions.  I don't remember what my brother paid for FF 13 but it was probably about 5 bucks.  No worries...  The Star Wars book was mine that I gave to him, it was lucky it didnt get tossed in the garbage...

26 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I remember when I first starting submitting books from my mostly Silver Age collection, I thought there was a conspiracy going on and CGC was deliberately giving my books inferior grades. I highly suspected only the big players got the grades.

Wow... thank you for that post! I am in the exact same position now... and you have cured me of my paranoia.

Most of it. LOL  Truly, though, thanks. :)

17 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

You guys think grown men keep comic books for 40 years while not collecting?  Ummm they don't, but now im strangely happy he did.  And no, it wont be for 500 buck in store credit for the box, sorry...

What are you even talking about..? Drugs are bad, m'kay.

Edited by TwoPiece

52 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

What am I on if I think I can definitively identify defects and grade of a book from a small eBay scan of the front cover only of a book inside a slab?