• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake CGC Books
1 1

149 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:
57 minutes ago, Parabellum said:

I haven’t seen a temper tantrum like that since my kid was 5, Jesus.  Is this dude off his meds?

It's not so much that he's off something, more like on something (like smack)...

Image result for simpsons goofballs gif

No.  The fingerprint comments were about my Star Wars 1 grader notes.  On this 25000 book i saw spine damage at staples , a rounded lower right corner and a date stamp which no one cares about apparently for a 9.6 book.  I hope the gut sells his book but whatever...

9 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Actually, I agree this is a 'soft' 9.6. I've made this comment many times, stay away from books graded during the 2011 period. It's after Mark Haspel left CGC and Paul Litch became head grader. I don't know why but CGC's grading for high grade during this time frame was embarrassingly soft. I just checked the grade date of this FF 13, May 2011 . It's a beautiful book and I'm sure all of us would love to own it. Personally, I love the date stamp and I'm not sure this book was worthy of being singled out as a soft grade but it does appear to be soft.