• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake CGC Books
1 1

149 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Does anyone at all here believe a 9.6 should not have broken spine rounded corner and date stamp?

Pretty sure it’s just you. But hey, grading is very subjective. One man’s 9.6 is another man’s 9.0. 

10 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Does anyone at all here believe a 9.6 should not have broken spine rounded corner and date stamp?

Broken Spine 9.6.... :x

s-l1600-9.thumb.jpg.2b6b82c34f4cf87c9ad64ca8d3731bf9.jpg

On 11/9/2018 at 5:13 AM, Karl Liebl said:

This 41 year old book got dinged for fingerprints but a book with an inked date stamp got the same grade... hmmm interesting... no comments huh?

Simple. Overstreet grading guidelines (and presumably the CGC's grading guidelines) allow date stamps on NM+ and NM/M books. They are not penalized as long as they are in an "unobtrusive" place. 

Fingerprints are considered damage and greatly impact grades at the higher levels. 

On 11/9/2018 at 6:37 AM, Karl Liebl said:

Ok we can agree to disagree...  I don't like any markings or even signatures.  Everyone gets what they like.  I am not being insulting.  I just felt a marked up comic book is not as a good as a touched one.  I don't agree with the grading so be it

....and in the end it doesn't matter if you agree or not. That's just the way things are...and the way they have been for years and years. 

If you don't like stamps or writing, then don't buy the book. It's called a free market(shrug)

18 hours ago, newshane said:

Simple. Overstreet grading guidelines (and presumably the CGC's grading guidelines) allow date stamps on NM+ and NM/M books. They are not penalized as long as they are in an "unobtrusive" place. 

Fingerprints are considered damage and greatly impact grades at the higher levels. 

This is a fairly unobtrusive placement, and I love it! Karl, what ya think?

3080999_Full_Rev.jpg?t=Ni8xNi8yMDE4IDc6MjA6NDggQU0%3d