• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake CGC Books
1 1

149 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Star Wars 9.6 has lousy prices there are too many 9.8 for sale but I bought mine for 30 cents off the newsstand so its lucky it survived as it did after all these years.  I think pressing did help it some as I cant see any defects anymore with the naked eye.  It might be worth 1000....

2m4vbw.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

3 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Karl Liebl butthurt threads are my favorite reads these days.  Keep up the good work!!

This may win the internet for today.  BTW Date Stamps arent defects unless it has the wrong date, Finger printsare someones dirty grubby hands on a book.  Now Please Continue Rant..  :popcorn:

I love winning... like another guy I know...  OK Ok I get it nobody cares about ink stamps on book covers but me...  Did You look at the book I linked on eBay?  Its got rounded corners and spine damage too all for the low low price of 25000.  9.6 I think not, more like 8.5.  If you want to spend 25000 on an FF 13 with an ink stamp go get it NOW.  As for grubby fingerprints no one has taken me up on my 50 dollars to find them yet.  I am a little bit puzzled by it but guys like Sean are guiding me gently through the learning process

5 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

I love winning... like another guy I know...  OK Ok I get it nobody cares about ink stamps on book covers but me...  Did You look at the book I linked on eBay?  Its got rounded corners and spine damage too all for the low low price of 25000.  9.6 I think not, more like 8.5.  If you want to spend 25000 on an FF 13 with an ink stamp go get it NOW.  As for grubby fingerprints no one has taken me up on my 50 dollars to find them yet.  I am a little bit puzzled by it but guys like Sean are guiding me gently through the learning process

Whoop-diddy-scoop poop.

I went and looked at the book. It is the same one that sold for $15,000 in 2015.  There is not enough magnification to see much detail on the book. The bottom right corner looks very rounded, but I doubt it is.  There does look to be spine damage because of color loss around the top staple, but I suspect it is not actually damage, but some kind of artifact from the scan. It does look like a lame 9.6 from the scan. I agree. But I highly doubt that is actually damage. Just a super lame scan for someone trying to clock a 10k profit.    

14 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:
1 hour ago, revat said:

I don't understand what's going on here.

You're among the 99%.

Good, I'm tired of being a one percenter.

I kinda get it now. Maybe.

Here's the theories I have on what's happening.

1.  OP is purposely being overly aggressive, narrow-minded, and obtuse to troll people who will take him too seriously, but people are trolling him back in a non-serious way, and now we've lost direction..

2.  OP had a legitimate question, but also some legitimate anger inside, and is a delight at parties.

3.  OP did not need to say he 'loves winning....like another guy I know', that was redundant.  WE KNOW, it was implied.

4.  If the ultimate point of this thread is decry how someone is trying to sell a item on ebay for too much, you should check out these threads:

a.  The Golden State Warriors win too much.

b.  Staten Island accent is the worst of all American accents

c.  Summeritme in Texas is too dam hot.

d.  There's no reason for Blake Shelton to be famous.