• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake CGC Books
1 1

149 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Karl Liebl said:

Its a defect, I don't care.  If all books had I would change my mind.

So you ask a question and brush off peoples' answers? 

You seem like a fun hang. 

If you dont like it, dont buy it. 

1 hour ago, Karl Liebl said:

I am not being insulting. 

the funny thing is you dont get to decide if you are insulting... 

6 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

Ok we can agree to disagree...  I don't like any markings or even signatures.  Everyone gets what they like.  I am not being insulting.  I just felt a marked up comic book is not as a good as a touched one.  I don't agree with the grading so be it

I will agree that given the choice between a comic with no markings on the cover and one with say, grease pencil or a date or distributor stamp, I'll take the no marking comic every single time. However, some of the highest graded comics out there from pedigree collections have some type of cover marking on them. 

4 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Karl Liebl butthurt threads are my favorite reads these days.  Keep up the good work!!

It's like he's got a butthurt machine gun on full auto.

liebl.jpg

Edited by Jerkfro

put your money where your mouth is ill sell you mine for 35000 easy bucks with a Kirby sig...  If you don't like my posts stop reading them.  I will tell you this the price is no longer 500 bucks in store credit for the whole box... thanks for playing

2 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

I asked a legitimate question in this thread of how a book with rounded corners, spine damage and a date stamp can be graded a 9.6 by CGC.  Take it for what its worth...

You pretty much implied that a book whose grade you don't understand must be fake. That's a fairly serious aspersion to cast. You didn't simply ask "Do you guys think this book should be a 9.6?" like you're claiming.

2 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

25000 for a 9,6 graded book with a date stamp on the cover... its not hard to comprehend.  Quickly now run to the bank supplies are limited for this ebay gem!  I will only charge you 2000 in shipping and insurance for my copy!!

Ok I'll give it a shot.

Date stamps arn't down graded on books because they're regarded as a "way of the times" - so CGC doesn't look at it as a defect.

Since you want to talk about prices - what was the last sale price on a 9.6 CGC copy of Star Wars #1?

Edited by Jimmy Linguini

Star Wars 9.6 has lousy prices there are too many 9.8 for sale but I bought mine for 30 cents off the newsstand so its lucky it survived as it did after all these years.  I think pressing did help it some as I cant see any defects anymore with the naked eye.  It might be worth 1000....

12 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Star Wars 9.6 has lousy prices there are too many 9.8 for sale but I bought mine for 30 cents off the newsstand so its lucky it survived as it did after all these years.  I think pressing did help it some as I cant see any defects anymore with the naked eye.  It might be worth 1000....

Turkmenistani Manat?