• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
6 6

49 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

It doesn't work that way. They wanted to please you and compliment your books. You have to take their complimentary.

Actually, I agree with Rick on this. You can give a compliment without quoting the book. He's right, it can give the appearance that the book is sold. If I am flipping through a lengthy sales thread, without regard for details, I would have assumed a Sold book. (shrug)

This in fact did happen multiple times in my lengthy Halloween sales thread. It’s just a balance of etiquette we get to via communication. 

But the counterbalance of that is you are reducing natural conversation in your threads. 

Edited by bounty_coder

1 minute ago, Jim Corrigan said:

I didn't actually read the General Rules outlined in the first post b/c I was just browsing.  The sign out front said Phantom Lady which always gets my attention and Rick always has such "neat stuff", I couldn't help myself.   But It's Rick's thread so Rick's rules and I apologize for not being considerate of them.  Now that I know his preference, I will do my best to abide by them in the future.  I see both sides of the brief discussion regarding my earlier post and regarding quoting pictures in general.  I don't think my remarks would have meant anything without quoting the picture so the net result would probably have been to enjoy the cover scans and not comment.  Not quoting covers makes the thread less cluttered but if it's any consolation, I've personally never been confused about which books are sold and which aren't so hopefully, I didn't confuse anyone else.  Again, I apologize Rick, and good luck with the sale.

Jim, I have no ill will.  I appreciate your positive vibes and good thoughts towards my books.  

None of this is a matter of life and death (and hopefully the thread doesn’t get pulled for me responding to your comment) :wishluck:

3 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:
4 hours ago, JollyComics said:

It doesn't work that way. They wanted to please you and compliment your books. You have to take their complimentary.

Actually, I agree with Rick on this. You can give a compliment without quoting the book. He's right, it can give the appearance that the book is sold. If I am flipping through a lengthy sales thread, without regard for details, I would have assumed a Sold book. (shrug)

For me it's a matter of visual clutter.

Quoted endless streams of pictures just clutters the page whether you're buying the book or not.

I generally quote the description whether I'm buying or just complimenting.

And don't get me started when someone quotes 15 pictures at once. lol