• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
4 4

83 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Frank Grow said:

i've researched the same topic and have found the same conclusion.  All superiors were published in Canada. 

Johnny545, any thoughts on the difference between the Canadian vs Standard US? editions?  We were having this discussion on another thread, as it appears all Superior comics were printed in Canada and then distributed.  CGC has noted some of these comics as the Canadian edition.  What are the distinguishing characteristics of the Canadian editions?  I have a Strange Mysteries 3 that was sold as Canadian ed. but I can't tell the difference.  Thanks, and sorry for the minor (but thread relevant) hijacking.

48 minutes ago, davet75 said:

Johnny545, any thoughts on the difference between the Canadian vs Standard US? editions?  We were having this discussion on another thread, as it appears all Superior comics were printed in Canada and then distributed.  CGC has noted some of these comics as the Canadian edition.  What are the distinguishing characteristics of the Canadian editions?  I have a Strange Mysteries 3 that was sold as Canadian ed. but I can't tell the difference.  Thanks, and sorry for the minor (but thread relevant) hijacking.

Try looking at the indicia. Should show a Toronto address.

1 hour ago, davet75 said:

Interior cover showing where it was printed is the what CGC is looking at to distinguish (I believe).

Edited by Johnny545

16 hours ago, comicnoir said:

Try looking at the indicia. Should show a Toronto address.

Do any not show a Toronto address? 

Canadian edition implies a separate run for the Canadian market. My understanding was that all Superior books were printed in Canada and sold in both Canada and the U.S. with no distinct editions.

You are right, they were all Canadian. CGC screws up when they say Canadian Edition. The publishing address on all of them was Superior Publishing Ltd. 2382 Dundas Street W. Toronto 9 Canada. What it doesn't say is they were published by Willie Zimmerman, a mysterious character in the business, using American Igor Shop art, but printed in Canada, not far from where I live.

Edited by comicnoir