• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you tell me who this is?
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Easily recognisable.  Didn't change that much in later life.  Stan Lee would've been more difficult.

The great Jacob Kurtzberg.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Rifleman Kurtzberg fought under Patton in France. In an unseasonably cold winter, he suffered frostbite that almost cost him parts of his feet. It factored into his decision to move to California.

Stan Lee continued to live his charmed life during the war. While Kirby was freezing his feet off in combat, Ol’ Stan was the only man in the entire United States armed forces to hold the military job designation of Playwright.

Thanks for the image! Long Live the King. Not only is he my comic book hero I revere his service to our country in the war. They don't make them like that anymore. Life was not easy for the Mr. Kirby!!! My father served in the South Pacific and he is my true hero.  I love the chalk hopscotch board beneath his feet. I have fond memories of playing that as a kid on the streets of Brooklyn then reading Kirby Classics. I knew he was great as a 10 year old boy . 42 years has passed and I am even more captivated by his artwork and stories .Kirby comics take me from reality to a wonderful fond place. Truly the greatest and missed by many!!!!