• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate fallout 4 grail in modern age?

75 posts in this topic

It will be eventually. The variant will be lauded and scoped up again by speculators in next couple of months. 
Currently I have no problem selling the normal issue for $50 in NM. I sold some newsstands last month for $45 each and 
I regret it now.

If anyone like me saw Venom and stayed for the credits they know why.

32 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

It will be eventually. The variant will be lauded and scoped up again by speculators in next couple of months. 
Currently I have no problem selling the normal issue for $50 in NM. I sold some newsstands last month for $45 each and 
I regret it now.

I whole-heartedly concur. Miles Morales is such an interesting character that recaptures the teenage awkwardness of Peter Parker when he was first introduced, but with a different spin. Add to that fact that his background gives him wide appeal across numerous demographics.

I've gotta say, though, that it's nearly impossible to have this conversation without mentioning Edge of Spider-verse #2. For all the naysayers (me included), Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider's popularity continues to rise at an incredible pace.

It could be, it's all speculation. A "grail" is a bit of a stretch though... there's lots of modern comic keys worth a lot more than UF4 (eg. BA12 and NYX3, both had much lower print runs, with Harley Quinn and X-23 already having been established in the movies - Harley with additional movies coming out, and X-23 also likely to have one after her success in Logan). This is a book from 2011 after all... 

Miles Morales has potential, and who knows what could happen if the movie is really popular (especially with kids). I saw the trailer for the movie in Venom - it was alright, an animated movie like this isn't really up my alley though I'm probably not the target demographic. The book is in its typical hype phase post-trailer and before the movie drops - it all depends how the movie does. 

10 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

maybe... we will have to wait and see.  I'm still confused how Miles Morales and Peter parker are in the same universe with all other spider people... I only know about Peter Parker and stopped reading after Maximum Carnage years ago.  

Some kind of Secret Wars universe portal or something.

On 11/11/2018 at 9:52 AM, fastballspecial said:

I regret it now.

I sold some last month as well. For $200 and I regret it. 

The variant may be a modern grail. Never the regular cover. Too many.

Now is not the time to buy. In 3 months, there are going to be almost as many graded 9.8s of the regular cover as NM98.

There are a ton of them on Facebook right now people can't sell already. Just be patient and wait if you want for PC.

The variant is a different story though.

I can’t say I blame any speculators who can’t afford AF15.. a Miles Morales is the 2nd best option and it’s still entry level .. I didn’t mind John Stewart to Hal Jordan and actually grew on me all those Justice League Unlimited years

makes me wonder why prices aren’t through the roof for Ben Riley scarlet spider .. Miles is actually a developed character 

Ultimate Fallout 4 might actually one day eclipse WD 1 as the most valuable modern.. who knows ppl might look back and wish to pay these prices 2-3 years from now .. I remember seeing WD 1 on walls for $300 right around the first season and laughed at that 

On 6/16/2020 at 10:43 PM, divad said:

In all fairness, that should be a thread about moderns heating up, not just about UF4 being considered a potential grail.

All signs point to yes for it being a modern grail.  People keep talking about the 75K print run but as I've said before, 75K isn't a whole lot when you compare it to ASM300, NM98 and the amount of people who will be wanting this book in the future.  His character will be an A-lister with the amount of push it'll get from a marketing standpoint.  Miles has already been in an Oscar Winning animated film with another film in production and a PS5 game about to showcase his character further.  Lots of growth potential here and that's not even talking about a potential future role in a live action movie.  His character has tons of appeal for many different reasons.

We'll never know but I highly doubt there were only 75K were printed given how copies were distributed.

- Anecdotally I heard copies were given away for free with each comic purchased during one of Diamond's variant blow out sales.
- Ultimate Fallout 4 was heavily promoted for all printings, here's the ordering terms for the 1st & bagley 2nd print https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/733?articleID=112249, you got a free Pichelli 2nd print with every order.
- the 1:25 incentive variants for Ultimate Fallout 4 were part of the Diamond variant blow out sales as well as distributed in comic packs sold at five and below stores.

All this leads me to believe the print run was probably between 100K to 300K ... again we'll never know and I am spitballing. 

This shows it was initially ordered at nearly the same levels as Flashpoint 4 and ASM 667 https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/237?articleID=112771

Other resources,
- #1 reordered product for a few weeks meaning more was in stock,
https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/117?articleID=112141
https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/117?articleID=111646

- it was also being reordered as late as December. So Diamond had stock on hand which would not be part of the initial copies sold in August comichron, https://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/237?articleID=116818
- comichron shows 130K (and I also doubt that's 55K 2nd printings if we use the 75K number) sold thru 2011. https://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2011.html ...

again, who knows how much Diamond was still sitting on going into 2012 and who knows how many were printed but I am fairly confident it was more than 75K.

15 minutes ago, Keys_Collector said:

Even if it was hundreds of thousands, that doesnt change the demand and future demand for the book. Again, look at sustained pricing on ASM300 considered by many a modern or copper grail. 

it wouldn't impact demand, correct. But an increased supply could impact price.

It will be interesting to see how many more copies get added to the census over the next few months given the "Miles-Mania" we're in at the moment.

How many raws are ppl now sending, or planning, to send to CGC that they were originally not planning to but upon seeing realized prices they figure it's now worth it to... don't know that either
But it will be interesting to see where prices land in 3-6 months.
Looking at last two 9.8 sales, it would appear that prices are slightly softening given there are 20+ 9.8 copies available on ebay at the moment. Versus the highs of $1,300/$1,400 when there were maybe 4 or 5 9.8s listed.

Last BIN was 1145 and last auction was 945 for a 9.8 if that's any indication.

Now don't get me wrong. Nothing against the character but seeing things settled down a bit. Raws on ebay/facebook selling for $300-$350 and multiple 9.8 slabs just under 1k.

No shortage of either available. As I said above, it will never hit prices it was at 4 weeks ago but I think it's peaked at $1400.

7 hours ago, I like pie said:

Now don't get me wrong. Nothing against the character but seeing things settled down a bit. Raws on ebay/facebook selling for $300-$350 and multiple 9.8 slabs just under 1k.

No shortage of either available. As I said above, it will never hit prices it was at 4 weeks ago but I think it's peaked at $1400.

It’s going to increase. I don’t like that book, but it has really big upside