• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The number of books that disappear per year?

53 posts in this topic

I know it's morbid. I know there's much more important things in life other than comics, however, I just got on a mental riff this morning as I waited for The Redhead to get out of the bathroom: How many comic books leave this mortal coil every year?

Let's take a key book, say, ASM 129. I believe it's safe to say that most people that own one take very good care of them. But how many make there final exit regardless via natural disaster/man-made deisaster, accident, etc? 

I suppose it's impossible to say. No way to know.

Very strange times we live in. Please be safe where ever you may reside and take the best care of your loved ones and your ASM 129 for the next generation.

Edited by NoMan

6 minutes ago, NoMan said:

No! I was suppose to edit it before anybody saw it and it was quoted. It was a joke and I hope nobody gets offended. 

deleted!!!  lol 

31 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Please cite your source. 

I would cite my source but then I'd have to cite the source for my source etc

-hopefully  you did not finish reading the message, keeping the books safe.

Edited by kav

9 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

52 books kav kills per message X 42,338 kav posts / 6 kav years on the boards = 366,929 books killed by kav per year

:whatthe:

-thereby increasing the value of everyone's books-

:acclaim:

6 minutes ago, oldrover said:

How about the value of the books that were intentionally disappeared? 

2A16E5A1-4FED-4ECB-9AB1-408F98BEFEF6.jpeg.cbd10c723f08d2614553356371d4067d.jpeg

The mind boggles.

think how common GA books would be if they hadnt been destroyed en masse.  They were print runs of like 1.5 million books per issue.  They would be worth less than SA books.

I think the number destroyed would vary from year to year and impossible know accurately.  I did hear a story of a pretty big collector/dealer that had his collection of high grade gold and silver books stored in a shed that caught on fire and everything was lost.  I heard that pushed him out of collecting.