• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee RIP
14 14

328 posts in this topic

Goodbye Stan!

For as long as I can remember I knew his name, it was a constant in my childhood as I read every comic I could get my hands on. His name became a catchall of inspiration for my imagination, it made me dream of things not of this world and sparked my desire to put pen to paper for that I thank him. 

17 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Stan may not have single-handedly created the Marvel pantheon, but his scripts gave each character a distinctive voice, and personality. There was no one like him, and we are all diminished by his absence.

I love Stan Lee!

I don't know how much Stan had to do with the initial creation of most of the great Marvel characters of the Silver Age. Kirby or Heck or Colon or Ditko or whomever probably came up with a look and a name and maybe even a backstory. But Lee gave them that voice that made readers immediately connect with them. 

He will be missed.

Stan, Jack, and Steve will now be together in heaven to start the Perpetual Great Age of Comics

It's time we celebrate Stan Lee's life and what he did for us when we were kids- including all of us adults who've managed to keep what's left of our youth alive in us.

Those of us who grew up with Stan Lee are his children and he will continue to live in us so long as we mortals walk the earth. We and those who come after us are the immortal connection to the genius that is Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, and Steve Ditko! The mythology they gave us will continue and one day studied by a future Joseph Campbell.

Excelsior Stan!!!!!

Edited by bronze johnny

Rest In Peace Mr. Stan Lee.

You were the creator of such a wide swath of our culture today, you're work with Kirby, Ditko, Romita and so many others will likely live on in one form or another for centuries. We loved your spirit, your enthusiasm, your story-telling and yes even your showmanship!

You are an inspiration to generations of artists and creators and your influence on our culture will probably never be seen again.

Rest easy Mr. Lee - you earned it.