• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee RIP
14 14

328 posts in this topic

Stan Lee, the accidental pioneer, who, when he'd thought he'd rode the horse long enough and was about to chuck it all, he took the advice of his wife to write something the way he'd like to write it, telling him if he was going to quit anyway, what did he have to lose, and when he did...… the world was changed.

RIP Stan. You broke the 4th wall and allowed your fans to not only connect with the characters, but to the creator's as well.

My dad's first hero comic was AF15 back in 1962 when he was 17. He's 73 now and Stan Lee has been a part of our life since then.

I remember learning to read as a 4 year old with Marvel comics and my dad telling me who he was. 

Stan the Man!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

Farewell to a giant of a man, the likes of which we only see once a generation, if that. 

Farewell. 

1 hour ago, comicartfan said:

This is fitting and ironic considering it is Veterans' Day.

There is no way to put into words what this man has meant to literally billions of children. Any kid who slept on Spider-man sheets, pretended to turn into the Hulk when their siblings ticked them off or as an 8 year old that we were just one radiation exposure away from being a X -men member, this is a tremendous loss. Stan Lee was a champion for comic books when it was "embarrassing" to admit you read, drew or wrote comic books. His creations have forever changed the world in ways that he could never have predicted. He brought a humanity to super heroes that was lacking and he made heroes seem relatable. He brought drama that was familiar to all of us....His imagination is there with the likes of Spielberg, Henson, Lucas, Jobs and Picasso. He is one of the most important persons of the 20th century. His legacy will forever be remembered and never duplicated....

RIP Stan....

Well said, VERY well said!  :golfclap:

2 hours ago, Brian48 said:

Well, we all sadly knew this day would come.  Even when I was out of comics, Stan had a place in my heart and in my thoughts. I think we were fortunate that he lived long enough that at least one more generation of fans got to know him.  Am really glad that he lived to see all these wonderful creations he, Jack, Steve, etc. created come to such prominence in pop culture and media. 

Good journey, Sir.  Godspeed and Excelsior!

My 12 and 10 years old kids were shocked to hear this news.

5 hours ago, goldust40 said:

The industry and fans owe him so much. Whatever you thought of him, he was the face of the comic medium and did a hell of a job as its ambassador.

Thanks for everything Stan.

Bang on. Stan's like a Beatle. His influence is immeasurable in many people's lives. We all owe him in some way.