• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee RIP
14 14

328 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Do you mean this one? I wasn’t aware it was their first work together.

08E2182B-AC07-4964-9BEA-3BC48A7069BE.jpeg

B099765A-3B50-4F1F-A963-4C6A3BBBC0EE.jpeg

Yep Bob, thanks! That's it! Mine wasnt handily available. I learned about its significance reading Hero's 100 Most Important Comics of All Time. Fun little one-shot mag they released sometime in the late 80s or early 90's, I think.

9 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Knew there was a reason I thought Francesca was a dimwit. The callers reaction will have me laughing for days. 

"Oh who cares"?!    Millions of people d-bag.  You will be lucky if 5 people outside your immediately family remember you, when your time cometh. 

On 11/12/2018 at 7:40 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

I don’t know if this has been posted here but THIS is why I really love Stan Lee. He used his platform to say something worthy.  

477BA6DE-378F-444D-9E94-6BB2E868EFAF.jpeg

I want to share this one with the world!

Does anyone have a citation? Issue#, month, year?

Thanks for honoring The Man!

10 minutes ago, Agent 007 said:

RIP - Always a pleasure to see him out w/ the fans at the cons.  Great guy if you ever met him in person.

+1. I shared a pancake dealer's breakfast with Stan Lee about 33 years ago at Edmonton comic-con. Stan was generous enough to walk around and shake hands with all the out of town vendors and lackeys like myself as a punk kid.

International news coverage: just saw 2 minute feature about Stan Lee on :baiting: Cantonese tv news!

15 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Yep Bob, thanks! That's it! Mine wasnt handily available. I learned about its significance reading Hero's 100 Most Important Comics of All Time. Fun little one-shot mag they released sometime in the late 80s or early 90's, I think.

While Strange Worlds #1 does enjoy an earlier cover date, it was released at the same time as Tales to Astonish 1 and Tales of Suspense 1.

I don’t know Stan and Jack’s first collaboration, but my vote for their most significant early joint effort is Rawhide Kid 17. It represents the first time they worked together on a character with continuity. I think it’s very possible that The Marvel Method had its beginnings in Rawhide Kid.