• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee RIP
14 14

328 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2018 at 1:35 AM, Mercury Man said:

"Oh who cares"?!    Millions of people d-bag.  You will be lucky if 5 people outside your immediately family remember you, when your time cometh. 

I don't even know who this a-hole is and his time hasn't come yet. He may not be a "comic book guy" but all he did was show his monumental ignorance.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I don't even know who this a-hole is and his time hasn't come yet. He may not be a "comic book guy" but all he did was show his monumental ignorance.

He's been a NYC sportscaster for many years. I haven't listened to him in a long time, but he sounds about the same as he did 20 years ago. I guess his world only includes sports. That was rude of him and not terribly bright, but I was not shocked. 

While I (unfortunately) never got to meet Mr Stan Lee, I will never forget the impact that he had on the world, not only as a comic book writer but also as a person. A beautiful man who wanted nothing more than to make people smile. Rest easy Stan Lee. 

Edited by Spawn1709

On 11/14/2018 at 6:07 AM, KirbyJack said:

While Strange Worlds #1 does enjoy an earlier cover date, it was released at the same time as Tales to Astonish 1 and Tales of Suspense 1.

I don’t know Stan and Jack’s first collaboration, but my vote for their most significant early joint effort is Rawhide Kid 17. It represents the first time they worked together on a character with continuity. I think it’s very possible that The Marvel Method had its beginnings in Rawhide Kid.

Sorry for the late post on this, but wouldn't Jack and Stan's collaborations go as far back as to the golden age era? For instance, Captain America Comics? 

Edited by ComicsAndCode

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:36 PM, FoggyNelson said:

I can’t wait to see Stan’s cameos in the upcoming Marvel movies 👍👍‼️ I always looked forward to his cameos ‼️‼️👍some of them were really good ones ‼️‼️👍‼️

This one always made me laugh. lol

Godspeed, Stan.....and thanks for everything.  You will be missed.