Stan Lee RIP
21 21

324 posts in this topic

213 posts

Looks like Desert WInds is going to have a lot of books to return unsigned. 

2,895 posts

Stan is in that great Bullpen in the Sky, and reunited with his Joanie.  RIP, you legend.  So great that younger people, even kids, know the name "Stan Lee" just by seeing Marvel films.  His memory will live on forever.

976 posts

I can't wait to see what they do in Avengers 4 ... although, come to think of it, Captain Marvel will be released first.  Between those two movies, there ought to be a major acknowledgment.

4,912 posts

It's funny how, as a comic collector, your relationship with Stan evolves. I was a product of '90s comics, so at first he was just the dude that presents every Marvel comic. Then later he became this colossus who created everything you know and love. When I began collecting silver and bronze age back issues in earnest, I learned that it was a bit more complicated than that. These guys were real people who fought and argued and wanted credit and there were some who were even snubbed. But what impressed me about Stan Lee the most was his dynamic personality and his boundless energy in greeting and meeting fans. I never met him personally, but there are so many who have at signings and other events, and I haven't heard of one bad experience. I'm sure there are people who felt they didn't have the best time meeting him, but can you imagine that? Signing endless books, shaking so many hands, taking picture after picture and making each one feel a little bit special. I couldn't do it. There's not many who could. But Stan Lee did. And for that he will never be forgotten. At least not by us.

Edited by bb8

10,940 posts

I wish this was not true, but wow.

I wish I had got to see him again, and had a picture taken.

But I won't complain, when he came to Pittsburgh in 2009, that was the most epic experience ever.

R.I.P. Mr. Lee, it was a pleasure, though short a brief. 

7,887 posts

More than any other single person, he made the comics of his time better, smarter, and certainly hipper than they necessarily needed to be as disposable entertainment for children in the 1960s.  Believe he lived life to the fullest over his 95 years, and I'm especially glad he lived to see the characters he promoted with such joy finally conquer the big screen.  

Edited by Zonker

8,633 posts

:frown: I know that everyone has a "Best Buy" date but it still was sad to hear today.  I'm glad I got to meet him!

img016.jpg

15,591 posts

it is appointed once for man to die...…   

good bye Stan.....   

may I see you again