Stan Lee RIP
21 21

324 posts in this topic

1,023 posts
48 minutes ago, Dr. Balls said:

RIP Stan. You will be missed.

Stan-Lee-with-Playboy-Bunnies-at-Playboy

Now I know the inspiration for the Scarlet Witch's costume. Stan was sampling Hugh Hefner's Playboy Bunnies.

18,992 posts
1 minute ago, Jaylam said:

Now I know the inspiration for the Scarlet Witch's costume. Stan was sampling Hugh Hefner's Playboy Bunnies.

Now, that's what I'm talking about. Next to Stan, one of my biggest idols was Hugh Hefner. 

4,336 posts
1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Now, that's what I'm talking about. Next to Stan, one of my biggest idols was Hugh Hefner. 

A4F193AA-8321-4A1A-B1CE-F3AA27CFAAB3.jpeg.6a20a0bb336f31ad961ad2e7839c0b8d.jpeg

8,343 posts
6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Do you mean this one? I wasn’t aware it was their first work together.

08E2182B-AC07-4964-9BEA-3BC48A7069BE.jpeg

B099765A-3B50-4F1F-A963-4C6A3BBBC0EE.jpeg

Yep Bob, thanks! That's it! Mine wasnt handily available. I learned about its significance reading Hero's 100 Most Important Comics of All Time. Fun little one-shot mag they released sometime in the late 80s or early 90's, I think.

1,412 posts
9 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Knew there was a reason I thought Francesca was a dimwit. The callers reaction will have me laughing for days. 

"Oh who cares"?!    Millions of people d-bag.  You will be lucky if 5 people outside your immediately family remember you, when your time cometh. 

231 posts
On 11/12/2018 at 7:40 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

I don’t know if this has been posted here but THIS is why I really love Stan Lee. He used his platform to say something worthy.  

477BA6DE-378F-444D-9E94-6BB2E868EFAF.jpeg

I want to share this one with the world!

Does anyone have a citation? Issue#, month, year?

Thanks for honoring The Man!

4,336 posts

I mentioned to him a number of years ago that  I look forward to the day when I can see the “Stan Lee Story” on the big (or small) screen. Someone needs to film his bio one day. Very interesting life he had from beginning to end.

1,514 posts

RIP - Always a pleasure to see him out w/ the fans at the cons.  Great guy if you ever met him in person.

11,103 posts
10 minutes ago, Agent 007 said:

RIP - Always a pleasure to see him out w/ the fans at the cons.  Great guy if you ever met him in person.

+1. I shared a pancake dealer's breakfast with Stan Lee about 33 years ago at Edmonton comic-con. Stan was generous enough to walk around and shake hands with all the out of town vendors and lackeys like myself as a punk kid.

International news coverage: just saw 2 minute feature about Stan Lee on :baiting: Cantonese tv news!

4,890 posts

I seem to be taking the news harder today than I did yesterday. Although I met him a couple of times at conventions, I happen to run into him at a parking lot in Hollywood. It truely was an honor to have shared that moment with him. I miss him already. 

EECBC1EE-381A-46BA-BA05-86BC4EB19F13.jpeg

7,927 posts
15 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Yep Bob, thanks! That's it! Mine wasnt handily available. I learned about its significance reading Hero's 100 Most Important Comics of All Time. Fun little one-shot mag they released sometime in the late 80s or early 90's, I think.

While Strange Worlds #1 does enjoy an earlier cover date, it was released at the same time as Tales to Astonish 1 and Tales of Suspense 1.

I don’t know Stan and Jack’s first collaboration, but my vote for their most significant early joint effort is Rawhide Kid 17. It represents the first time they worked together on a character with continuity. I think it’s very possible that The Marvel Method had its beginnings in Rawhide Kid.

15,691 posts

This is brilliant!   Quintessential Stan!  Stan Lee Talk Show 1968 - Part 1