• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is Stan Lee's Most important or Memorable Book?

64 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Perhaps only DC, the Star Wars Universe, and Disney can claim as great, or greater, influence on the pop culture of the 20th and 21st centuries...

You're being very diplomatic and deferential here...  :foryou:

5 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

In that same issue, he wrote, “With great power comes great responsibility.”

That exact wording may or may not be Lee's, but the sentiment pre-dates Lee entirely. Other twentieth century utterances of the same sentiment include Einstein and Churchill, and it dates even earlier if I recall. 

All fantastic choices so far. Looks I'll be up late...

Many of these are ones that came to mind right away as did Amazing Spiderman #248 "The Kid Who Collects Spiderman". Such a touching story that choked me up a little and made me think a lot...  Check it out. One of Stan's masterpieces. 

220px-The_Kid_Who_Collects_Spider-Man.jpg

I want to say FF #1, but I'm having a hard time dismissing AF15, or even ASM 1. AF15 really captures the essence of a hero so well, in a way that FF1 doesn't even concern itself with. It's hard to pass on. 

For me, FF #51 is just a classic issue. Stan and Jack really knocked it out of the park with that one. The depth of feeling conveyed actually transcends the comic book form and proves that Stan was a master storyteller. I've read it countless times and it never gets old...:preach: