• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is Stan Lee's Most important or Memorable Book?

64 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

It would have to be "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" for me, hands down. If you want a single issue with a nice "feel good" ,I never get tired of FF 35 …. or 64. ASM 20 is another that never seems to go stale...also ASM 25. I'm still coming to terms with this.... Judy woke me up yesterday to let me know. I truly loved that guy. Probably the one picture I miss the most from Photobucket, whoI hope will never get one penny of my money, is one of Stan signing a book for this crippled kid, who was wheelchair bound, at Baltimore 2011 :cloud9: … we weren't supposed to be taking pictures, but I*ahem*did it anyway. The book that I stiil have from that show, we stood in line almost and hour to get it signed, came from one of my best board friends @goldust40 is also a good choice for a book by Stan to read ….. also ASM 7 were Petey first puts the move on Betty Brant. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

ASM6ag.jpg

ASM6agf.jpg

Awesome stuff Jim. (thumbsu

I have always been partial to Avengers 4 as just a great Stan Lee book - such a classic story and just perfect reintro of Cap. 

Also partial to FF48 and X-Men 1 - my favourite Marvel characters and such great intros and concepts. 

3 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

I have always been partial to Avengers 4 as just a great Stan Lee book - such a classic story and just perfect reintro of Cap. 

Also partial to FF48 and X-Men 1 - my favourite Marvel characters and such great intros and concepts. 

He saw how DC re introduced their GA characters by essentially creating new characters, Flash, GL, Atom etc and decided to not do that, but think of a way to bring back the actual GA characters.  Cap was frozen.  Namor was semi immortal.  It was genius.  The original human torch was not johnny storm so there were 2 human torches.

IMO, the most important Stan Lee book would be the Golden Age Captain America #3. In that book, Stan wrote a text story which was his first comic tale and proved he could write for comics. If not for that story, Stan might never have been in a position to become Timely's editor when Simon and Kirby were unceremoniously let go by Martin Goodman.