• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Stan Lee’s signature going up in value?

112 posts in this topic

I have an odd Stan Lee memorabilia item. In July 1967 I wrote a Letter to the Editor at Marvel. I received an August 2, 1967, postcard titled "The Editors", Second Floor, 625 Madison Avenue, NY, NY. 10022 with a note to me from Stan Lee responding to my criticism. He signed it "Stan & the Gang." It's not a full cursive signature but rather a combo cursive and standard spelling "Stan & the Gang." Any thoughts as to its value? Thank you. 

IMG8586.jpg

IMG_8585.jpg

On 2/4/2021 at 1:43 PM, gellison9 said:

I have an odd Stan Lee memorabilia item. In July 1967 I wrote a Letter to the Editor at Marvel. I received an August 2, 1967, postcard titled "The Editors", Second Floor, 625 Madison Avenue, NY, NY. 10022 with a note to me from Stan Lee responding to my criticism. He signed it "Stan & the Gang." It's not a full cursive signature but rather a combo cursive and standard spelling "Stan & the Gang." Any thoughts as to its value? Thank you. 

IMG8586.jpg

IMG_8585.jpg

welcome.gif

On 2/4/2021 at 4:43 PM, gellison9 said:

IMG8586.jpg

IMG_8585.jpg

The answer is whatever you'll get in an auction. Could be 20$, could be 50$, could be 100$, who knows? The main issue with Stan Lee sigs is that since he was a comic guy and died only recently, the money is all on signed comics that are witnessed by CGC. You don't get that premium with your autograph.

Edited by William-James88

28 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

The answer is whatever you'll get in an auction. Could be 20$, could be 50$, could be 100$, who knows? The main issue with Stan Lee sigs is that since he was a comic guy and died only recently, the money is all on signed comics that are witnessed by CGC. You don't get that premium with your autograph.

Stan's signature on  pre-Cadence stationary would be worth much more than something he signed at a show in the 2000s. 

This piece, even though it is signed by Flo is worth more than a random book signed by him. 

1 minute ago, shadroch said:

Stan's signature on  pre-Cadence stationary would be worth much more than something he signed at a show in the 2000s. 

This piece, even though it is signed by Flo is worth more than a random book signed by him. 

could you provide an example to show that it is worth more please?

Not without going through a gazillion auctions to find the few examples that have sold. The Kirby Museum has something similar that for some reason I think the guy who donated it valued it at $2100, but I may be mixing up to different stories. 

More than a dozen CGC witnessed Stan signed books sold for under $200 in the last month. I'd be stunned if the person who asked about this couldn't get more than that. Heck, I'll give him $200 for the letter and the envelope right now. This is a piece of history.  A Marvel envelope from before they warranted their own stationary.