• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Stan Lee’s signature going up in value?

112 posts in this topic

Stan Lee was passed away on November 12th that is only 20 days ago.  I have seen many legends of artists, writers and other contributors had died in last few years. They tried to sell all signed books until the vibes had died out in short times.  I am sure this vibe will die out soon.  Everything will go back to normal.  I personally WON'T buy books with Stan Lee's signatures at your greedy prices that is out of respect for our hero Stan Lee.  Let Stan Lee rests in peace and stays in your hearts and mine. Remember him not money.  I sold several Russ Heath signatures on my books in prior to the passing of Russ Heath so I decided to buy one book back. I always wanted to remember him that goes same thing with Stan Lee.

Let's say Amen on Stan Lee.

21 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Stan Lee was passed away on November 12th that is only 20 days ago.  I have seen many legends of artists, writers and other contributors had died in last few years. They tried to sell all signed books until the vibes had died out in short times.  I am sure this vibe will die out soon.  Everything will go back to normal.  I personally WON'T buy books with Stan Lee's signatures at your greedy prices that is out of respect for our hero Stan Lee.  Let Stan Lee rests in peace and stays in your hearts and mine. Remember him not money.  I sold several Russ Heath signatures on my books in prior to the passing of Russ Heath so I decided to buy one book back. I always wanted to remember him that goes same thing with Stan Lee.

Let's say Amen on Stan Lee.

This. I'll add a Stan Lee SS book to my collection at some point. It won't be during these times when greed is ever-present, though.

1 hour ago, williamblood said:

i have a nov 7 2018, i bought off ebay. didn't realize about date till today. i came here to see if its his last signing date

Wait.... he died on the 12th.  Was Stan signing 5 days before he died?????:whatthe:

I'm not sure if I should applaud his stamina or wonder if there was senior abuse going on with his handlers not recognizing he might have been sick.

11 hours ago, WEB_SLINGER2000 said:

For myself, I collect Stan Lee SS comics for the sheer joy that they bring me. It's never about the money as I don't plan to sell any of them anytime soon. I also have a couple Stan Lee and Humberto Ramos signatures on one comic because I like both and respect both artists very much. I've loved Spider-Man for pretty much all my life and collect only him. I also have a Stan Lee autograph that is just a picture of him and that's it. Not a comic. That's my most prized possession.

I collect comics because of the artwork and because of the storytelling. Lee was a great person who made a lot of people happy, including myself. That's what it's all about for me. If my collection is worth $20,000 or $0.20, it makes it worth it knowing I have a piece of history.

(thumbsu

I have a two comics that I had him sign in person and I got it CGC SS and it was at this Last Canadian appearance so its kind of like history to me to me those are my most prized pieces one though being worth a few $1000 now probably (not for signature), but it was the moment and the experience, the excitement that was the best to me. It was like being a kid all over again and I feel like I can still remember almost everything about that weekend.

58 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

"To be desired or approved of."

By whom? Since this is post 2,999, I'm off to Uganda and we shall never know. Look for the Uganda Pedigree collection coming soon.