• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBay the ranting and venting thread

55 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

It would be my opinion that making shipping suggestions prior to paying leaves the door open for the seller to ask for money to cover costs so that should be the least offensive timing.  Am I missing something because I'm reading this thread and people seem irritated by it.

I totally agree with this.  The buyer should have offered Raze extra money to pay for the indestructible packaging he wanted, especially since he got the comic dirt cheap.

1 hour ago, Cliff R. said:

I totally agree with this.  The buyer should have offered Raze extra money to pay for the indestructible packaging he wanted, especially since he got the comic dirt cheap.

For the record i had a $6 shipping cost which was higher than my $4 for auction books.

51 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

I usually respond like this:

"Hi, _____________ . As a collector myself, I know the importance of proper packaging. Your book will arrive asap, safe and secure. Thanks again for the purchase."

Everybody needs a little reassurance from time to time. Try not to take it personally. 

Thats a great response! And i agree  people need reassurance and i guess i was just in a bad mood when i read it!

11 hours ago, Gaard said:

"...a  sellers note saying “please ship in a comic secure box not a flimsy envelope thanks“.

This is a bad thing to do?

I get that all the time, even though it clearly states in my sales that I only use boxes and never use envelopes. I just ignore it most of the time and they always seem pretty happy once they receive the books 2c

$4-$6 shipping costs for a comic suggests a flat rate envelope that maybe made the buyer uneasy although I think you can ship that method secure. 

One of the reasons I order comics on eBay is to pity packaging methods. I find the whole experience interesting how many different methods people use to ship comics. The funniest is when people over-use with tape. Nothing is better then trying to pull off loads of really sticky tape gingerly while watching the corners of comics bend upward. Why tape bubblewrap when its packed inside a box. I find that amusing for some reason. The main mistake sellers make is not clearly defining specifically how they are mailing. Clear is: Comic is mylar bagged with a board shipped in gemini flash mailer in priority mail flat-rate envelope OR Comic is mylar bagged with a board taped down to 1/8" thick B-flute corrugated pad bubble wrapped and shipped in priority mail medium flat-rate box. Or even better, take a picture of your shipping packaging and include it in the item listing. Wow would that be great. 

On 11/13/2018 at 8:19 AM, TwoPiece said:

We kinda already have 2 eBay venting threads.

I think it's stupid to ask questions after winning/purchasing an item.

I also think it's stupid to assume that a seller will not send an item correctly, despite poor sellers being everywhere.

I put a used eFX Vader helmet up for auction once and had this user with just one feedback asking me too many questions. I had a bad feeling about him so I stopped answering assuming it would keep him away. Boy was I wrong. 

He went on to win and after a day or so he emailed me to say “By the way, I’m not paying until you answer my question.” I, of course ignored him once again, sold to second highest bidder and block him from future auctions. Got me some neg in return but it was worth it. 

I'm a newbie. I got my start selling 7 of my father inlaws heavily faded holy grails, asm1, x-men1, daredevil1, avengers1, tales of suspense39, invincible iron man1, silver sufer1. I never sold a comic book in my life but, I was a master carpenter until I came down with park's. I had to sell myself every day. Although, I would be highly recommended most customers were skeptic until they saw hard results. I'm from NJ go figure. I sold those book's in due diligence bringing in about 12k before eBay & pay pal (ouch!) for my wife & her family to share. I provided excellent service, communication, packaging, shipped and insured sig required. I do have warehouse experience. All of my buyers were tickled pink! So I proceeded to get into comics. I couldn't believe what was happening I was horrible on eBay I never saw so many mistakes, foul-ups and just plain negligence. I got all kinda apologies & excuses. I can't order from Texas. When it gets to the main hub I believe it gets put in the circular file. Not many people like jersey. It's not like the Sopranos or Jersey Shore. South Jersey's Ok we have 1.1 million acres of pine lands for street legal off road vehicles, horses & hikers. some areas are restricted to horses & hikers only. I'm at a crossroad with eBay. Paypay is ok and likes people with good credit & encourages you to spend spend spend. I'm selling off my mistakes & keeping my goodies. Gotta regroup take some tutorials. I've been reading a lot and covering damage control ok. It's a jungle out there!

On 7/30/2022 at 4:12 PM, Black Bat said:

Why you silly boy, didn't you read the listing?  It's clearly described as a 1.0...

image.thumb.png.f6b29d2b89591e9105081c6b625c3a35.png

...never mind that headline...

image.png.6f44352f77103d1e3758645b43cb4597.png

...and I guess there's too much glare or something to see the grade on the label...

s-l500.jpg

image.png