• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating MrMysterio

14 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone!

I would like to nominate MrMysterio to the HOS/Probation

I claimed a few comics on a for sale post, I asked MrMysterio for a paypal email address for me to send payment in a timely manner.

He responded with his paypal address in a reasonable amount of time. I paid it. He refunded my payment shortly after. I have messaged him regarding when he is shipping and why he refunded my payment and he has not responded in more than 30 days, at all.

Communication via DM, copied and pasted.

October 1st:

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. My email for paypal is geno98@telus.net and my name on paypal is Eugene Pantella. Thank you so much for the purchases I'll have the books shipped to you tomorrow. If you're in the US shipping will be $15 and if you're in Canada I don't mind paying for it. If you're anywhere else in the world I'll let you know how much shipping ends up being.

Thanks again, Gene 

----------------------------------------------

(me)October 13th: 

Any update on Shipping? It's almost been 2 weeks. Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------

(me)October 15th

Hi Gene.

I see that you have refunded my PayPal and have not heard any communication about shipment of the books or why PayPal was refunded.

Please let me know what is happening and why I was refunded payment sent.

Thank you,

Dylan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There has been no communication since.

The 30-Day Rule applies in this circumstance.

Thanks,

Dylan

He did the same thing to me with his sales thread, where I took the Chamber of Chills 5 book. I paid for it on October 8th. There was no communication and on October 13th he refunded my money. I pm'd asking what was up and there was no response. Sounds like our experiences are similar here.

FINISH HIM!

5 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

Looks like the boards are a great place to get an interest free loan....

I know Mrmysterio.  He's started buying precode horror off us at the Calgary Expo about 7 years ago when he was 14.  He's a likable young man but when he started his sales thread I thought there was a reasonable chance there might be issues because he's young and he doesn't post here often.  

I'm sorry this went sideways, there's no excuse for failing to meet his obligations, and I'm more than a little disappointed in Gene/mrmysterio.  I also consider it theft when a seller gets paid by personal paypal and doesn't return the money which I believe is the case for a couple guys involved.

5 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

I know Mrmysterio.  He's started buying precode horror off us at the Calgary Expo about 7 years ago when he was 14.  He's a likable young man but when he started his sales thread I thought there was a reasonable chance there might be issues because he's young and he doesn't post here often.  

I'm sorry this went sideways, there's no excuse for failing to meet his obligations, and I'm more than a little disappointed in Gene/mrmysterio.  I also consider it theft when a seller gets paid by personal paypal and doesn't return the money which I believe is the case for a couple guys involved.

Let's beat him at the next Calgary Expo.  Destroy him when he's young and weak. 

13 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Wasn't aware of that.  That's outright theft.  I thought folks just paid and were given refunds with no explaination after x amount of days/weeks.  If what you say is accurate that's HOS right there.

5 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

Gene didn't show at the Calgary Expo.

One certainly hopes that he is otherwise well and that this is not the result of some misfortune. I had assumed that the issue here vis a vis the PL was that both buyers (above) had been fully refunded, and there can be (in theory) legitimate reasons for a seller to cancel a transaction provided there is a full and fast refund. I understand the problem here is the disappearing act without explanation. 

3 hours ago, crassus said:

One certainly hopes that he is otherwise well and that this is not the result of some misfortune. I had assumed that the issue here vis a vis the PL was that both buyers (above) had been fully refunded, and there can be (in theory) legitimate reasons for a seller to cancel a transaction provided there is a full and fast refund. I understand the problem here is the disappearing act without explanation. 

My partner thought he might have seen MrMysterio at a distance at the Calgary Expo, if so he's likely avoiding us knowing we'd ask him why he bailed from his sale.  In the end, backing out of multiple sales without communication should and did place him on the probation thread where he belongs.