• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee CGC SS and the Vultures (not the Spidey Villain)
1 1

188 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

There's a guy who already had his listing overpriced at $3,333 for Infinity Gauntlet #1 signed by Stan Lee. After his passing, he raised the price to $5,555 (keep in mind this is only 1 of the 6 books).

I'm interested in owning some memorabilia signed by Stan at some point, but I'm not going to overreact and pay way more than something is worth just because he has sadly passed. IMO the buyers who are overreacting are going to be very disappointed in the amount they overspent for their book or the amount that it sells for in the future.

What happened to the ones your grandfather paid $40 a pop for back in the 80s?

On 11/13/2018 at 1:59 PM, miraclemet said:

Here's a post that popped up in one of my Facebook group threads. 

Now a business can do what they want, and I can understand pulling stock while trying to figure out the market. 

But to not honor completed sales in an interest of relisting at new (wonder if they'll be higher?) prices....  sketchy

46168493_10156626824807209_3318825979576582144_n.jpg.9d564f8418f68f65bc97f4f6aea2db31.jpg

I would never do business with that company, simply because they aren't honoring previously ordered items. 

Guy in one of my facebook groups was selling Stan's Secrets Behind the Comics. Asking $900 said they were going for that much or more on ebay (classic "BIN price being used as completed sale value")

He then went on to say that the book was rare, and then later doubled down that it was "Extremely unique" 

I told him it was cool, but I usually saw 1-2 per large convention, and that unique meant one of a kind, and I didnt know what extremely unique could mean (less than one?!?!)

As I said... Im not gonna publicly fault someone for selling (in my mind sure!), but be honest about what you're selling...

Just now, miraclemet said:

Guy in one of my facebook groups was selling Stan's Secrets Behind the Comics. Asking $900 said they were going for that much or more on ebay (classic "BIN price being used as completed sale value")

He then went on to say that the book was rare, and then later doubled down that it was "Extremely unique" 

I told him it was cool, but I usually saw 1-2 per large convention, and that unique meant one of a kind, and I didnt know what extremely unique could mean (less than one?!?!)

As I said... Im not gonna publicly fault someone for selling (in my mind sure!), but be honest about what you're selling...

Everything on ebay is 'RARE'.  There's currently 5 on ebay.  Not rare.

Those of you criticizing the placement of Stan's sigs in the later years, keep in mind that you are talking about a nonagenarian (!!!!) with macular degeneration. I'm sure he didn't let on much about it, but it's highly doubtful that he could even see what he was signing. I'm sensitive to this because the chances of me developing the same issue are very, very high if I'm fortunate enough to live that long, and I certainly don't expect to. 2c

5 hours ago, newshane said:

Those of you criticizing the placement of Stan's sigs in the later years, keep in mind that you are talking about a nonagenarian (!!!!) with macular degeneration. I'm sure he didn't let on much about it, but it's highly doubtful that he could even see what he was signing. I'm sensitive to this because the chances of me developing the same issue are very, very high if I'm fortunate enough to live that long, and I certainly don't expect to. 2c

A fair point.  

2 hours ago, jcjames said:

Amazing how much stuff is coming out of the woodwork now and 99% of it is stuff Stan had virtually nothing to do with.

Hopefully we won’t see the Batman 1 facsimile make an appearance at this time. That was quite an extreme example.

Edited by Ken Aldred