• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee CGC SS and the Vultures (not the Spidey Villain)
1 1

188 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, jcjames said:

Amazing how much stuff is coming out of the woodwork now and 99% of it is stuff Stan had virtually nothing to do with.

not sure about 99%...

Lets check the numbers. 

We're up to 3150+ CGC SS Stan Lee listings on eBay (pre-passing the number was around 2200)

700 are from Silver Age (which Im gonna count as "books he worked on") so at least we're around 20% of the books listed he worked on. 

But yeah... there are 1500 "Modern" books under CGC SS Stan Lee

It does seem like about half of the Stan Lee sigs out there are on books that he had "nothing to do with".

I have literally no interest in any of those.

Edited by TwoPiece
Edit: It peeves me a little bit when I'm looking for an SS book, and there's a great copy with EVERYONE's sig, and also his (like 2006 Civil War collections).

Big ticket purchases

AF15 6.0 with Stan sold for $55k (GPA on non Stan SS is $50k)

That was a BIN.

The biggest auction result so far is a MSH15 (carol danvers) that went for $1100 in auction (vs $850 pre-Stan's passing)

3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

It does seem like about half of the Stan Lee sigs out there are on books that he had "nothing to do with".

I have literally no interest in any of those.

I agree, though I think there is a subsection of moderns that are still getting attention from the market. 

Most notably those CGC SS with some sort of image of stan on the cover in some fashion.

Definately seems like people are focusing on Spider-Man books as the "go to" books to get for their collection. 

2 hours ago, g-man said:

Honestly, what's the point of this?   Other than giving Stan Lee $1,000. 

AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-1-CGC-SS-9-8-STAN-LEE-SIGNED-11X-IN-COLORED-SHARPIES-1-1

And dude is asking 50 grand on eBay?  GTFOH.

I wish I had a signed stan lee item.I purchased two over the last decaade but I re-sold them long ago because I was not fully happy with the items....A signed stan lee doll (mint but missing one piece) and a cgc book I was not interested in...I cant even remember the title now...Ha...

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

Honestly, what's the point of this?   Other than giving Stan Lee $1,000. 

AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-1-CGC-SS-9-8-STAN-LEE-SIGNED-11X-IN-COLORED-SHARPIES-1-1

And dude is asking 50 grand on eBay?  GTFOH.

So did this guy have to pay $100 for each of the sigs?  And if so, why would you do that?

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

not sure about 99%...

Lets check the numbers. 

We're up to 3150+ CGC SS Stan Lee listings on eBay (pre-passing the number was around 2200)

700 are from Silver Age (which Im gonna count as "books he worked on") so at least we're around 20% of the books listed he worked on. 

But yeah... there are 1500 "Modern" books under CGC SS Stan Lee

Okay maybe 20% TOPS are books Stan wrote.

OK so joking aside, Im honestly shocked by the amount of worthless drek thats getting such big moneys bcs of Stan's signing. Its one thing about silver/Bronze or keys getting a premium coupled with his sig, but Spider-Man 1990 #1 regular cover getting 600+? Or a true Believe $1 book getting the same?

Insane

21 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

OK so joking aside, Im honestly shocked by the amount of worthless drek thats getting such big moneys bcs of Stan's signing. Its one thing about silver/Bronze or keys getting a premium coupled with his sig, but Spider-Man 1990 #1 regular cover getting 600+? Or a true Believe $1 book getting the same?

Insane

This is an example of an SS I'd completely avoid.

I want McFarlane's signature on this and no one else's.