• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee CGC SS and the Vultures (not the Spidey Villain)
1 1

188 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

OK so joking aside, Im honestly shocked by the amount of worthless drek thats getting such big moneys bcs of Stan's signing. Its one thing about silver/Bronze or keys getting a premium coupled with his sig, but Spider-Man 1990 #1 regular cover getting 600+? Or a true Believe $1 book getting the same?

Insane

are you seeing completed sales getting these big bucks for drek books, or is it just people ASKING big bucks...

12 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

are you seeing completed sales getting these big bucks for drek books, or is it just people ASKING big bucks...

A 3-pack of Spider-Man #1s all signed by Stan Lee, listed for $3,300, did accept an offer recently...

Edited by TwoPiece
Edit: The Civil War Sketch Variant set signed by Lee also sold for $3k.

HHHHHHHMMMMMMhm.  Time to strike while the iron is hot!!!!!!!!

If anybody is willing to give me $10K for my Amazing Spider-Man 300 9.8 x3 signature I'll sell it to you.  I won't take anything less so don't counter offer.  It would be insulting to Stan Lee if I sell it for less than that price.  That's how much I love the man(thumbsu.

3 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

is this out of focus picture representative of how well Stan could see a book he was signing in the later years?

Not sure if you're trying to be funny or not. :frown:

But no. With macular degeneration, blindness begins with a gray spot at the center of your vision. Over the years, the gray spot expands and will eventually encompass your entire perspective, rendering you totally blind. 

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Honestly, what's the point of this?   Other than giving Stan Lee $1,000. 

AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-1-CGC-SS-9-8-STAN-LEE-SIGNED-11X-IN-COLORED-SHARPIES-1-1

And dude is asking 50 grand on eBay?  GTFOH.

Not one of those signatures looks alike.  I feel bad for people trying to confirm a Stan sig if they look so different.

Okay well there are vultures, and then there's the "anti-vulture".... this seller sold FIVE DOZEN Stan Lee CGC SS books on November 11th.... and then had one sale on the 12th... and over 300 sold since September.... and nothing up now.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=302945927103&hash=item4688fbffbf%3Ag%3AHrwAAOSwt~1b30AY&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_ssn=palmtreecomics&rt=nc

Ouch.

I'm sure he's still well stocked in Stan Lee SS, but holding out?

Edited by jcjames

1602714894_ASM122.thumb.JPG.600b8633466a36c08405f2f9a650ca43.JPG

My favorite Stan story.  That and Silver Surfer 1st Series.  I wish Gwen never came back for any reason (other than alternate dimensions, Spider-Gwen is pretty fun), including clones or resurrections or that 'whatever the eff statutory rape Osborn babies travesty.'

21 minutes ago, revat said:

1602714894_ASM122.thumb.JPG.600b8633466a36c08405f2f9a650ca43.JPG

My favorite Stan story.  That and Silver Surfer 1st Series.  I wish Gwen never came back for any reason (other than alternate dimensions, Spider-Gwen is pretty fun), including clones or resurrections or that 'whatever the eff statutory rape Osborn babies travesty.'

Except that stan did not write this story at all. In fact he hated that they killed Gwen. Gerry Conway and John romita did this book mainly. People do get stans sig on it because he created the characters but he did not write 121 -122.

great storyline.

Just now, jason4 said:

Except that stan did not write this story at all. In fact he hated that they killed Gwen. Gerry Conway and John romita did this book mainly. People do get stans sig on it because he created the characters but he did not write 121 -122.

great storyline.

oops, my bad.  still my favorite story.  then I guess Surfer gets bumped UP to #1 Stan for me!