• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee CGC SS and the Vultures (not the Spidey Villain)
1 1

188 posts in this topic

One thing I had learned over 3 separate times I stood in line to get Stan's autograph----  People had him sign some of the dumbest s@#$ .    It made no sense to see them get particular stuff signed- AND PAY extremely good money for him to do it.   Whatever, it's your memento.  I get some people don't care about money, it was probably more the experience they got.   

Just don't expect to recoup any of the cash down the road, (or your kids, or grandkids), and you will sleep just fine. 

4 minutes ago, MultiSig Mike said:

When Carrie Fisher got sick and then passed almost 2 years ago, her signed Star Wars photo variant comic book went from about $300 to $700+. It still hovers around that price today.

Do you think Stans will do likewise considering there is a glut of stan books and very few fisher?

1 hour ago, g-man said:

Ok,so, the story in the listing says Stan’s first story was #3 dated May 1941... this book is #5 dated August...???

7 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

Ok,so, the story in the listing says Stan’s first story was #3 dated May 1941... this book is #5 dated August...???

-- young Stanley Lieber made his comic-book debut with the text filler "Captain America Foils the Traitor's Revenge" in Captain America Comics #3

-- He graduated from writing filler to actual comics with a backup feature, "'Headline' Hunter, Foreign Correspondent", two issues later.

I had to read it over a couple times myself.

13 minutes ago, SuperGrover said:

#3 was a 'cameo'

12 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

-- young Stanley Lieber made his comic-book debut with the text filler "Captain America Foils the Traitor's Revenge" in Captain America Comics #3

-- He graduated from writing filler to actual comics with a backup feature, "'Headline' Hunter, Foreign Correspondent", two issues later.

I had to read it over a couple times myself.

On the back of the label, it states "1st Stan Lee Comic book story

image.thumb.png.a8e27fc3a87c7436f008ae44462818ae.png

8 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Heres one thats completely fake

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Signed-Stan-Lee-The-Incredible-Hulk-241-1978-VF-8-5/123486207186?hash=item1cc059fcd2:g:YlAAAOSwv-xb6f49

The only part he faked right was the sig placement 

slee.jpg

@James J Johnson  you got a new target.