• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee CGC SS and the Vultures (not the Spidey Villain)
1 1

188 posts in this topic

On 11/13/2018 at 2:44 PM, NoMan said:

I’m a little slow: did this J & J Collectables place halt SL signature sales out of respect or they realized that after his death they could charge more and had to halt sales to reprice everything higher?

This question reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Milhouse ends up in the water. marge asks Bart, "can Milhouse swim?" Bart: "what do you think?"

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

everybodie's gettin' in on the bandwagon: Looks like Gwyneth Paltrow had a link to  a $600 dress her company makes in her instagram "tribute" to Lee

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/gwyneth-paltrow-stan-lee-instagram-goop-dress-marvel-comics-pepper-potts-avengers-a8631936.html

Dr3uQ6WWoAEkcEc.jpg

2 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Rich beyond belief but still vulturizes.  Amazing.
YES STAN WAS SO GREAT BUY MY DRESS!!!!!

Just now, Mercury Man said:

I try not to pay too much attention to the Hollywood types. But she is by far the most clueless individual in all the land. 

She's the village person having a hard time understanding your point, in the mod vernacular-

She's getting lit up for her greed/lack of social graces:
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/gwyneth-paltrow-stan-lee-instagram-goop-dress-marvel-comics-pepper-potts-avengers-a8631936.html

"Such an emotional and heartfelt tribute to Stan Lee by Gwyneth Paltrow," one person wrote ironically.

Another stated "Gwyneth Paltrow advertises Goop and pays respect to Stan Lee. In that order."

Edited by kav

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

175 grand!?!  Try to stop me!  

damn my ebay is down!  :pullhair:

Edited by kav

9 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

HHHHHHHMMMMMMhm.  Time to strike while the iron is hot!!!!!!!!

If anybody is willing to give me $10K for my Amazing Spider-Man 300 9.8 x3 signature I'll sell it to you.  I won't take anything less so don't counter offer.  It would be insulting to Stan Lee if I sell it for less than that price.  That's how much I love the man(thumbsu.

One SS went for good cash on heritage tonight.

23 minutes ago, paul747 said:

lotta suckers thinking now they'll be 'rare'.

They wont be

6 minutes ago, spracknetch23 said:

I think what happened was Gwyneth made the post, then heard about Stan, then updated the post to include a Stan tribute. She didn't initially post the image as a tribute to Stan. However it's still pretty tone deaf..she should have made a new post. 9_9

Idk.

I was pooping, and on FB, when I read about Stan's passing. I had already posted, "Being paid $15 to take a ." Editing the post to pay tribute to his passing made sense at the time.*

*None of this is true.

11 hours ago, paul747 said:

Was it $10Klol?

I understand people want to make money.  But I'm not in a position where I'm living paycheck to paycheck (knock on wood).  I have a few Stan Lee signature books and not having them in my collection would bother me.  First and foremost I'm a collector, money grabbing vulture second(thumbsu.

***Now if I had multiple copies of the same SS book that would be a different story

On 11/13/2018 at 6:16 PM, Aweandlorder said:

Looks like seller relisted the item.. Prolly someone didnt pay.. wonder how much of that was going on relating to Stan items on the bay

4 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Looks like seller relisted the item.. Prolly someone didnt pay.. wonder how much of that was going on relating to Stan items on the bay

The description cracks me up -- "I didn't take care of it, I damaged it trying to clean it, and I may be coming off as a little suicidal.  Bid now!"

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

The description cracks me up -- "I didn't take care of it, I damaged it trying to clean it, and I may be coming off as a little suicidal.  Bid now!"

This guy needs to take a serious class on how to successfully SELL.