• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic shipping list archive for Early 2000s?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, is there some site with an archive of comics that shipped a certain week, dating back to the early '00s? Obviously Previews had them at one point, but I don't want to do an internet archive search for every single week. If not the entire century, as far back as 2004 or so?

I know it must be difficult, as we can't even come to a consensus on what the Birds of Prey first appearance was in 1996.

13 hours ago, telerites said:

Also if it is helpful, you can see books by month and year by both on sale and cover date as well as other sort options.  Plus you get a pic of each book and some details like cover price.

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/features/comic.php?comicid=188438

Mike's is great, but it has some inaccuracies, like going by cover date even if the comic shipped completely different from the date listed. For example, it's totally off about the books that were delayed by 9/11.

On 11/14/2018 at 3:41 AM, brentdevil said:

Hi all, is there some site with an archive of comics that shipped a certain week, dating back to the early '00s? Obviously Previews had them at one point, but I don't want to do an internet archive search for every single week. If not the entire century, as far back as 2004 or so?

I know it must be difficult, as we can't even come to a consensus on what the Birds of Prey first appearance was in 1996.

The stickied "shipping this week" thread in the modern forum will get you back to the end of 2006.  They're just previews world info cut/pasted into the thread with minimal chat.  

12 hours ago, brentdevil said:

Mike's is great, but it has some inaccuracies, like going by cover date even if the comic shipped completely different from the date listed.

Look closer.

12 hours ago, brentdevil said:

For example, it's totally off about the books that were delayed by 9/11.

Were the official shipping lists updated for delays like that?