• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics #1 Homage Covers

15 posts in this topic

Is there a way of searching CGC's database for all comics noted as "Action Comics #1 cover homage"?

I know there are some lists out there by collectors/etc, but is there a definitive list for CGC products?

In addition, if there is not a way of searching for these, does anyone happen to know of "the best" list for this?

Obviously this could help out other niche collectors as well if we can search for notations like this.

Thanks in advance for any/all help.

58 minutes ago, Conacon said:

If someone finds this, I'd like to see it! Also AF 15 since it's been cover swiped so much. I wonder which of the two has been swiped the most? Is there another famous cover that gets swiped as often? 

I have seen and posted in threads for both. Don't know how to search for them though.

I believe MAD #1 has been swiped a ton of times and have quite a few in my collection. 

1 hour ago, Conacon said:

If someone finds this, I'd like to see it! Also AF 15 since it's been cover swiped so much. I wonder which of the two has been swiped the most? Is there another famous cover that gets swiped as often? 

It seems like comiccollectorlive.com has some good lists for homage covers, but I'm not sure how complete they are. It's a good start.

There have been quite a few covers that seem to pop up in tributes quite frequently.

AF 15

Action 1

ASM 300

ASM 238

X Men 141

ASM 129

Spider-man 1

FF 1

Hulk 1

Crime Suspensestories 22

Crisis on Infinite Earth 7

These are just off the top of my head, but I am sure there are many more.

Though by no means exhaustive, if you are going to aggregate across several sources. GCD will return searches with “homage” as a keyword in the index search box.  Since there is very little consistancy  across indexer notes, I would just eyeball the general “homage” keyword search (pretty large). Example search returns...

B4255CB6-49D1-40F1-A2E2-95E6FECD38D7.jpeg

0ADFAD2C-F5EC-4611-B7B4-75EA9998A3AC.jpeg

Edited by bronze_rules

11 hours ago, Timely said:

Here's an Action Comics #1 cover swipe Budd Root did for me a while back.

NSFW

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=756458

Good grief! That girl's carrying some weight, not talkin' about the car. Lovely piece in all respects.

Edited by Grantley Goddard